I thought I was dying

Old August 3rd 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Default I thought I was dying

"Lesley" ...
On Aug 3, 7:41 am, outsider :

It's what's called a vestigial organ. It used to have some use back in
our evolutionary past, but it's on its way to being completely lost.

Sort of like a brain for some people I know.

"DAVE! Can you pass me some kitchen towel to dry off the monitor?!!!"

Make that 2 please?!!!

That needed a BW!

Absolutely!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Kyla
and Clowder

Old August 3rd 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

It's okay, CatNipped. I've got a really supportive husband, wonderful
friends {{{{ hugs to RPCA }}}} and I'm doing the best I can. Whatever
will happen, will happen. If tomorrow is my day, heck, I've lived an
excellent life; I can't complain. I've had the love of some wonderful
furkids......Moire' (RB), Reggie (rehomed), Fester (RB), Kato (RB), and my
current clowder of Pua, Chloe and Tyrone. Again, whatever happens will
happen. :~)

kili

Kili, with all you've been through, you have the best attitude and
I'm so glad you have a supportive husband, and lots of friends, and kitties.
You are a hero in my book, FWIW. .
Bless your heart.
Love, hugs, purrs, bright blessings, and purrs
Kyla

Old August 3rd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:
On Aug 2, 2:08 pm, wrote:
(*Arnold Shwarzenegger, governor of California - to my unending
embarrassment)

Didn't he abolish declawing in California? I think I read that
somewhere- if I'm wrong I'm wrong- if I'm right that he's done more
decent things than the current prime minister of the UK and he's not
as annoying as the last one!

If he did, it's within the year and a half since I left California. One
reason I stopped using my former vet there was that he advocated the use
of laser for declawing. (Laser might be less traumatic, but it's still
surgery of which I strongly disapprove.)
Old August 3rd 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

You and Alan are in my thoughts and prayers every day

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
hopitus wrote:

You don't know me or my family but I feel the same way. You are my
unsung
heroine of rpca for sure. If what I remember re your medical issues is
correct,
you deserve every bit of it. Your illness took my sister 14 years ago
this month.
I wear her name, as well as three friends' on badge as I walk with the
locals
in the annual March. Many medical breakthroughs in last 14 years.

They *have* made some amazing break-throughs in breast cancer. It's no
longer the death sentence it once was. (Although I'm really sorry for
your loss, hopitus.) What I have isn't breast cancer; it's an *extremely*
rare form of chest wall cancer. Mine spreads through connective tissue
instead of through the blood. It doesn't respond to chemo and my doctors
won't do radiation therapy because the tumor (which has returned) is right
over my heart. Still, I've had to have a mastectomy, 4 ribs & half my
sternum removed, left chest muscle & lower abdominal muscles removed along
with my lymph nodes on the left side. The advice I have to women who get
diagnosed with breast cancer and are hesitating on whether or not to get a
mastectomy, I have to tell you that it doesn't make you any less of a
woman and it's really no big deal. Sometimes the dissection is so clean,
you don't even have to have further treatment, i.e. chemo & radiation.

Please, ladies, get a mammogram - they're really not bad! Takes 10
minutes and they don't hurt. Technology is incredible these days. Better
than a mammogram is an MRI, but I gotta warn you, they're NOT comfortable.
Those take about 45 minutes and they're loud, claustrophobic, and you
can't move an inch the entire time. An ultrasound is also a good test and
that's completely painless; just cold gel and a scope. A CT scan is best,
though. They can see everything with one of those. I get them about every
3 months. It involves a needle and an iodine dye, it takes 10 minutes, and
the results are so clear! They get a full 3-D image of your insides.
Anything foreign, like cancer or even gallstones, shows up a bright white
on the scan. Pretty neat.

If anyone has any questions on a medical procedure they may be afraid of,
e-mail me. Trust me, I've had them ALL. (Oh, and a full body bone scan
is pretty cool, too!) Remove the NOSPAM to reply.

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

CatNipped wrote:

Like I said in another post... grace, style, and a sense of humor! I've
never met you, but I *DO* love you, kiddo!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Catnipped, right back atcha! :~)

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Kyla =^..^=` wrote:
It's okay, CatNipped. I've got a really supportive husband,
wonderful friends {{{{ hugs to RPCA }}}} and I'm doing the best I
can. Whatever will happen, will happen. If tomorrow is my day,
heck, I've lived an excellent life; I can't complain. I've had the
love of some wonderful furkids......Moire' (RB), Reggie (rehomed),
Fester (RB), Kato (RB), and my current clowder of Pua, Chloe and
Tyrone. Again, whatever happens will happen. :~)

kili

Kili, with all you've been through, you have the best attitude and
I'm so glad you have a supportive husband, and lots of friends, and
kitties. You are a hero in my book, FWIW. .
Bless your heart.
Love, hugs, purrs, bright blessings, and purrs
Kyla

Thanks, Kyla. I'm not looking for accolades, though. :~) Many of these
folks have been through this with me. It's been a long journey and it's
still not over. I'm begging for it to be over!!!!!!!! :~) Thanks for
routing for me. I appreciate it.

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Matthew"
You and Alan are in my thoughts and prayers every day

Mine too
Kyla

Old August 3rd 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

Kili, with all you've been through, you have the best attitude and
I'm so glad you have a supportive husband, and lots of friends, and
kitties. You are a hero in my book, FWIW. .
Bless your heart.
Love, hugs, purrs, bright blessings, and purrs
Kyla

Thanks, Kyla. I'm not looking for accolades, though. :~) Many of these
folks have been through this with me. It's been a long journey and it's
still not over. I'm begging for it to be over!!!!!!!! :~) Thanks for
routing for me. I appreciate it.

kili

You're welcome, and please know you're in my thoughts and prayers every day.
Love
Kyla

Old August 3rd 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

tanadashoes wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

They *have* made some amazing break-throughs in breast cancer. It's
no longer the death sentence it once was. (Although I'm really
sorry for your loss, hopitus.) What I have isn't breast cancer;
it's an *extremely* rare form of chest wall cancer. Mine spreads
through connective tissue instead of through the blood. It doesn't
respond to chemo and my doctors won't do radiation therapy because
the tumor (which has returned) is right over my heart.

OMG. I'm so sorry Kili. You gave no indication when we met earlier.
I had no idea that they couldn't do radiation or chemo on it and
assumed that you had been lit up.

Girlfriend, what do you want to do? Do you want to go anywhere, meet
anyone (on earth that is, Mars is out of the question), see anything
special? Bucket list time. How is Alan handling this? He's a good
man, and lucky to have you, as you are to have him. What, if
anything, can we here do to help you? Please, let us help as we can.

Pam S.

Pam, how could I tell you about my condition when Rob's is far from perfect?
I pretty much keep my things to myself. I just unloaded today, due to the
context of a previous post. My husband, Allan, has been great. He's my
rock. You met him; he dotes on me - when he's not escaping from cat-fiends.
LOL.

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

As my husband said when he became insulin resistant, "Life just sucks
sometimes" and the rest of the time it, well never mind. Anytime you need to
unload, do so and it doesn't matter how bad anyone else is, there is always
room for a bit more on our shoulders. That's what friends are for, even
crazy cat friends.
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
tanadashoes wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

A Thought for Today Kyla =^. .^= Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 08 09:51 PM
O. T. but cute, I thought Granby Cat anecdotes 25 February 10th 08 10:35 PM
Pearl in thought Karen Cat anecdotes 5 March 25th 05 01:57 AM
Who would have thought... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 July 4th 04 09:19 PM
And I thought my cat was fat... Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 34 April 7th 04 05:33 AM