I thought I was dying

Old August 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I thought I was dying

Lesley wrote:

On Aug 2, 2:08?pm, wrote:

(*Arnold Shwarzenegger, governor of California - to my unending
embarrassment)

Didn't he abolish declawing in California? I think I read that
somewhere- if I'm wrong I'm wrong- if I'm right that he's done more
decent things than the current prime minister of the UK and he's not
as annoying as the last one!

Nope, declawing is still legal in California. A small city, West
Hollywood, in California, *did* make declawing illegal in that city
only. (Not to be confused with Hollywood, which is nearby but is an
entirely different city.) But Arnold had nothing to do with it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 3rd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Granby wrote:
As my husband said when he became insulin resistant, "Life just sucks
sometimes" and the rest of the time it, well never mind. Anytime you
need to unload, do so and it doesn't matter how bad anyone else is,
there is always room for a bit more on our shoulders. That's what
friends are for, even crazy cat friends.

You couldn't have said it better, my friend. :~)

kili

Old August 3rd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

Last week my GP sent me one of those letters about their upgrading
their computer system and as they haven't seen me for a while if I
don't reply they'll assume I don't want to be on their books anymore
(They did once send me a letter that actually read "Dear Ms Madigan,
According to our records you have not contacted this practice since
2001, if you have moved from the area or died would you please advise
us of this fact"

Wow.

(I was going to say more, but I think "wow" says enough.)

I might be the only woman in the world who is not at all bothered by
mammograms. Not to say I enjoy them or anything. But I don't find
them in the least bit painful. I remember the first time I had one, I
had prepared myself psychologically for agony, after all I'd heard
about them. And it was nothing! Just a minor inconvenience.

Here's a related amusing quip:

Who ever thought up the word "mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I
think I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to
someone. -- Jan King

I have no idea who Jan King is, but I'd like to!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 3rd 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

IMO the governator is much worse than those two.

And as far as I can see, much worse than his predecessor Gray Davis.

Gray Davis: Enron's bitch.

OK, he might not have been the state's most wonderful governor (and his
personality was perfectly matched to his first name), but he certainly
did not deserve what happened to him.

(Sorry to those who don't know or care about California politics - I'm
too lazy to explain the whole story right now. Maybe another time, or
maybe someone else feels like giving the short version? Or, maybe you're
not missing anything by not knowing anyway?)

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 3rd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way and
letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying "Take a
deep breath". What's not to love.

Old August 4th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Granby wrote:
How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way and
letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying
"Take a deep breath". What's not to love.

LOL, they're not bad at all. Honestly. Take a deep breath, we'll squeeze
your breast (I'm sure your husband has squeezed harder), and you're done!
It's simple.

kili

Old August 4th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobblespin

"kilikini" wrote in
. com:

Granby wrote:
How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way
and letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying
"Take a deep breath". What's not to love.

LOL, they're not bad at all. Honestly. Take a deep breath, we'll
squeeze your breast (I'm sure your husband has squeezed harder), and
you're done! It's simple.

kili

I beg to differ! Some people are lucky they don't hurt. My boobs have been
extremely tender since I was a teenager. Even the gentle spray from a
shower hurts. I can't even lie on my stomach. But I do get mammos regularly
in view of my past, er, problems.

Bobble

Old August 4th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

Irulan wrote:
wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
something similar happen to me years ago,
which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
to have my gall bladder removed and thank
goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
up to then.
Good luck!

Gall stones was my first thought as well, can be excruciating. Easy
thing for a Doctor to check, quick ultrasound.

--
Nik Simpson
Old August 4th 08, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Granby wrote:
How can you not mind a mammogram!! Like laying down in a drive way and
letting someone back over your boob and sitting there and saying
"Take a deep breath". What's not to love.

LOL, they're not bad at all. Honestly. Take a deep breath, we'll squeeze
your breast (I'm sure your husband has squeezed harder), and you're done!
It's simple.

kili

I want your mammogram technicians. I do get a giggle out of the ones here
at the army hospital. They call one's breasts "the girls." Poor Rob tried
to follow me into the mammogram suite and was turned out. I apologized and
explained to the receptionist why Rob was so intent on helping me and she
went out and gently explained to him that no males, no matter how cute, are
allowed into the mammogram suite. He thought she was great calling him cute
and didn't mind as much after that.

Pam S.

A Thought for Today Kyla =^. .^= Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 08 09:51 PM
O. T. but cute, I thought Granby Cat anecdotes 25 February 10th 08 10:35 PM
Pearl in thought Karen Cat anecdotes 5 March 25th 05 01:57 AM
Who would have thought... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 July 4th 04 09:19 PM
And I thought my cat was fat... Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 34 April 7th 04 05:33 AM