Boyfriends and cats - can they coexist?

Old May 4th 05, 11:25 PM
Mary Evans

Default Boyfriends and cats - can they coexist?

A bit of a delicate matter to discuss: Shnookums has been my roommate
for all of my adult life. And she's a fuzzy girl. So when a new friend
comes over to play for the night, and it's sometimes unexpected,
Shnookums not only gets jealous that she's not the center of attention
for a few hours, but her hair is everywhere. It's all over the bed and
on the floor of the kitchen. It's enough to create another cat. I just
don't want the fur ending up in someone's mouth or anything too gross,
you know? Plus, there's that whole drama if my future boyfriend turns
out to be allergic. I don't want to just pat them on the head and send
them on their way, with Shnookums gloating somewhere in the background.
Maybe I should clean or something before the nights I know I'm going to
be meeting friends and possibly entertaining them?

Old May 5th 05, 11:19 PM
Heather Reno

Mary Evans wrote in
:

A bit of a delicate matter to discuss: Shnookums has been my roommate
for all of my adult life. And she's a fuzzy girl. So when a new friend
comes over to play for the night, and it's sometimes unexpected,
Shnookums not only gets jealous that she's not the center of attention
for a few hours, but her hair is everywhere. It's all over the bed and
on the floor of the kitchen. It's enough to create another cat. I just
don't want the fur ending up in someone's mouth or anything too gross,
you know? Plus, there's that whole drama if my future boyfriend turns
out to be allergic. I don't want to just pat them on the head and send
them on their way, with Shnookums gloating somewhere in the

background.
Maybe I should clean or something before the nights I know I'm going

be meeting friends and possibly entertaining them?

Yeah, my Charles' hair was getting to be an issue when my boyfriend
first started to spend the night. And he's a good sport, but always
sniffling anyway. Not that my boyfriend's some kind of weepy freak or
something! Anyway, yeah, just cleaning on a regular basis seems to be
your best bet. I totally hate sweeping and vacuuming, so I got one of
those sweet little robot vacuums that goes over your floor by itself.
Plus, the Roomba is way cute. Charlies used to be kind of afraid of it,
but now he's totally into stalking it while it's doing the job. Maybe if
you got something like that, your Shnookums could play with it so she's
not all amped up when your company comes over.
Old May 7th 05, 04:08 PM
Barbara

i would tend to say that your cat must be severely stressed by "strangers"
coming into her space. i have one cat that sheds in clumps when she has to
go to the vet. certainly combing will help, but it's nothing more than
stress.

barbara

"Heather Reno" wrote in message
news
Mary Evans wrote in
:

Old May 21st 05, 09:51 PM
Odette Brown

Mary Evans wrote:

A bit of a delicate matter to discuss: Shnookums has been my roommate
for all of my adult life. And she's a fuzzy girl. So when a new friend
comes over to play for the night, and it's sometimes unexpected,
Shnookums not only gets jealous that she's not the center of attention
for a few hours, but her hair is everywhere. It's all over the bed and
on the floor of the kitchen. It's enough to create another cat. I just
don't want the fur ending up in someone's mouth or anything too gross,
you know? Plus, there's that whole drama if my future boyfriend turns
out to be allergic. I don't want to just pat them on the head and send
them on their way, with Shnookums gloating somewhere in the background.
Maybe I should clean or something before the nights I know I'm going to
be meeting friends and possibly entertaining them?

Hi,
I had cats all my life and the first question when I was looking for a
companion was do you like cats???
If no goodbye Charly:-):-) I never had problems and they all loved
cats, I do not trust people who hates cats!

Good luck to you and please bruch your cat every day, I do and have 2.

Sincerely,
ob.