Billy the Kit

Old September 21st 12, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Billy the Kit

A friend's kitten at his very important Pouncing Practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuWUYTidNE

Old September 23rd 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

A friend's kitten at his very important Pouncing Practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuWUYTidNE

He's so cute!! And has seemingly boundless energy. I wonder how old
he is - two months, maybe? That was really fun, thanks.

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr
Old September 24th 12, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 23:58:27 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

A friend's kitten at his very important Pouncing Practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEuWUYTidNE

Oh, that one looks just like Espy did when I first got him. I think
that perhaps teaching him to pounce on things moving under the covers
will not work out well in the future.
Old September 24th 12, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
nik Simpson

On 9/24/2012 9:35 AM, dgk wrote:

Oh, that one looks just like Espy did when I first got him. I think
that perhaps teaching him to pounce on things moving under the covers
will not work out well in the future.

My experience is that you don't need to teach them to pounce on things
moving under the covers, the trick is teaching them not to ;-)

--
Nik Simpson
Old September 25th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

nik Simpson wrote:

On 9/24/2012 9:35 AM, dgk wrote:

Oh, that one looks just like Espy did when I first got him. I think
that perhaps teaching him to pounce on things moving under the covers
will not work out well in the future.

My experience is that you don't need to teach them to pounce on things
moving under the covers, the trick is teaching them not to ;-)

Yes, but they're implicitly teaching the kitten that it's *OK* to pounce
on (and bite, kick and otherwise kill) things that move under the covers.

I had the same thought - that's going to *hurt* when the kitty grows up!
But I'm sure I'd do exactly what those people are doing. I mean, who can
resist that??

Old September 25th 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 01:47:50 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

nik Simpson wrote:

On 9/24/2012 9:35 AM, dgk wrote:

Oh, that one looks just like Espy did when I first got him. I think
that perhaps teaching him to pounce on things moving under the covers
will not work out well in the future.

My experience is that you don't need to teach them to pounce on things
moving under the covers, the trick is teaching them not to ;-)

Yes, but they're implicitly teaching the kitten that it's *OK* to pounce
on (and bite, kick and otherwise kill) things that move under the covers.

I had the same thought - that's going to *hurt* when the kitty grows up!
But I'm sure I'd do exactly what those people are doing. I mean, who can
resist that??

I used to play "Mr. Toothbrush" with Nico. It was one of those showers
in the tub and the shower curtain had a hole in it just about at the
height of the tub wall. So Nico would be outside the shower curtain
and I'd stick old Mr. Toothbrush through the hole and he'd wack it.
Over and over. He never tired of that game even when he would
occasionally fall into the tub and get wet.

Once in a while he'd succeed in wacking my hand. That usually hurt and
ended the game temporarily.

However I really do discourage pouncing on things under the covers.

Billy has FUS Pat[_4_] Cat anecdotes 0 September 17th 09 10:53 PM
A breakthrough for Billy Pat Cat anecdotes 5 July 12th 07 10:34 PM
Spilly Billy Pat Cat anecdotes 4 June 27th 07 08:10 AM
Billy Boy TW Bev Cat anecdotes 39 January 12th 05 12:29 AM
Berserk-o-Billy Pat Cat anecdotes 15 October 29th 04 05:36 PM