St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

Old April 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
harry

Default St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass

Hello,

If you consider the average weight of (properly fed) kitties to be in
the range of 5 (3 to 6) lbs, and the weight range of a St. Bernard is
110/200 lbs, you can own about 40 kitties of a St. Bernard's worth.
Therefore if someone asks you how many kitties you own, you can say,
“I have a St. Bernard‘s worth”, so while Nosy Rosy is standing there
in a state of confusion, you can quickly change the subject, or just
walk away.

If you live in a housing complex that says you can own up to the size
of a dog thatis no more than 20 lbs; you can own about 4 (properly
fed) kitties.

In his natural form, the Snow Bengal is an exception, but then heis
also bran new to the cat world, so eventually they may raise the
average to 6 lbs.

The Snow Bengal sure is a different creature. He is stronger and
larger and definitely alpha. The female is powerfully affectionate,
feminine and loves humans beyond belief. The tom is aloof and wary.
When you reach (head-on) to pet his head, he flinches; if you aim for
his back (aiming in from the side) heis all over you with smoothing
your legs back and forth. He loves to be petted but not picked
up . . . a lot of the males are like that. I tried to pick him up to
put him on my lap, and (in jungle fear) gouged my leg with his back
foot as he jumped off my lap (another reason why I keep a supply of
Sulpha in the house at all times). When you try to work around the
female, she smoothes you so hard you cannot do anything; she too is
very strong. She has the sweet face of the Forrest Cat, as do many
female, jungle Tigers.

Speaking of the Forrest Cat: there goes the average weight
system . . . out the window. I have a recessive-gene Forest Cat kitten
about to make his début (his two siblings did not make it (mamma‘s
first litter)). . . as soon as i can get a picture of him, however he
just started eating with the pride, and hasnot yet learned to eat
without sitting in the commune bowl. Another kitten in another place
has just started eating and jumps on/over the little bowl; covering
all the food with its little body, and sits there straddled over the
bowl wondering where the food went.

The recessive-gene, Norwegian Forrest Cat, Botiallotto, was one of two
servivours out of two mother’s litters of about 12/14 that died from
the Botulism in Arm and Hammer’s corn, kitty litter. It was a horrible
experience in that instead of all dropping dead at about the same
time, one would get sick; I would treat it, it would seem to be
getting well then it suddenly pooped itself to death; then another
would show signs; I would treat it; it would seem to get well then,
again it would suddenly poop itself to death; then another and
another; one by one, one by one until all were dead but Botial, now a
huge, fat solid-black male and Botiallotto the mother of the baby
about to make his début. Botial and Botiallotto are crippled; Botial’s
crippling is severe, plus he has developed a bad habit of lounging in
his kitty litter box after doing a big juicy one, and spinning around
in it, requiring a full bath; while Botiallotto’s crippling just
gives her a cute wiggle-walk, however she is quite clumsy. Botiallotto
used to try to jump on my lap (or me in general), but on the way down
after a terrible miss, would rip my leg/arm to shreds. As she got
bigger and heavier I had to stop her affections toward me. She is
extremely forgiving and still loving toward me. Her baby son is one of
those that is born friendly, caring and fearless. I cannot figure what
to name him . . . heis so special.

Truly

Truth will set you free, according to Jesus in John 8:32
See my skinny kitties at http://fluffyfuzzies.com
Old April 24th 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
Lesley[_3_]

Default St. Bernard's Worth of Kittymass- he's back send recipies

On Apr 24, 10:47*am, harry wrote:
Hello,

My local shop has pork fillet on special offer- anyone know what to do
with it?!

Looks like loin steaks but thicker...I'd like to try something but
does anyone know any recipies? Do I just marinade it? Roast it?
Grill it? Or maybe cut it into chunks and stir fry?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 24th 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
Sherry

On Apr 24, 12:57*pm, Lesley wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:47*am, harry wrote:

Hello,

My local shop has pork fillet on special offer- anyone know what to do
with it?!

Looks like loin steaks but thicker...I'd like to try something but
does anyone know any recipies? *Do I just marinade it? Roast it?
Grill it? Or maybe cut it into *chunks and stir fry?

Lesley

Sometimes pork loin is too lean to grill. (That is, if the version of
pork filet
is the same across the pond.) What we have here has very little fat.
Which
makes is healthier, I suppose. Of course everybody in this state
thinks
anything is better if you dump a bottle of Head Country on it. It's a
bottled
barbecue sauce. I like to chunk up pork loin, brown it, then cook it
in
the crockpot till it's fall-apart tender for sandwiches. It's a good
substitute
for beef barbecue, cuz I don't eat beef anymore.
Anxiously awaiting responses from the real cooks on the ng, of which I
am not one. :-)

Sherry
Old April 24th 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
harry

On Apr 24, 1:57*pm, Lesley wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:47*am, harry wrote:

Hello,

My local shop has pork fillet on special offer- anyone know what to do
with it?!

Looks like loin steaks but thicker...I'd like to try something but
does anyone know any recipies? *Do I just marinade it? Roast it?
Grill it? Or maybe cut it into *chunks and stir fry?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hello,

I purchase the whole loin, which hasbeen selling for $1.99 for quite a
while now; throw it in a big pot;boil (not too much water) it a
little; not too much cooking because itis dry, tasteless, crap meat;
grind it up in the food processor and feed it to the kitties. It makes
for easy feeding time, and they love it; even better than beef. I
freeze some for feeding later in the month.

Old April 24th 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

this is one you could pound flat and use the country fried steak chicken
fried steak for. also you can make it just like beef stroganooff but use
the pork instead of the beef. also we often use pork in the crock pot with
just a can of pineapple cook until tender. fish out meat, serve with rice as
the base chunck the meat then spoon over the pineapple, side vege4tables we
often use are cabbage, brussels sprouts or asparagus. Lee

Old April 24th 10, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
harry

On Apr 24, 10:47 am, harry wrote:

Hello,

My local shop has pork fillet on special offer- anyone know what to do
with it?!

Looks like loin steaks but thicker...I'd like to try something but
does anyone know any recipies? *Do I just marinade it? Roast it?
Grill it? Or maybe cut it into *chunks and stir fry?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hello,

The only thing of which i can think that would make it fit for human
pallet would be meat loaf: meatloaf has more than one meat type in it
and bread. If you use tasty healthfood bread (wholegrain) and lamb (a
tasty, moist meat no matter how you cook it); onion, garlic, shredded
(on the holes) carrots; maybe a few oysters (or ground water
chestnut); bell peppers; celery; parsley and a little bean meat,
moisten with milk/yogurt or chicken stock; who would know you had the
tasteless pork loin in it or not . . . On top of the meatloaf you
would pour some tomato paste; maybe some dry cheese sprinkled on the
tomato paste; then cover it with slices of bacon. Put the casserole in
a pan to bake in the oven because the bacon fat will run over and out.
You willnot taste the carrot as it is just for color and moister. Make
sure the tomatopaste is completely covered with the bacon or the
tomato paste and/or cheese will burn.

Old April 24th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

u duz know dat diz ended up on da meowchat site, rite. So, here iz da
reezipee.

U take da stake out of da pakage, lay itself on a klean plate den go awayz
dor da nite. Whateffer iz left in da morning, iz urz.

O T watcher of things in the kitchen.

Old April 24th 10, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

harry wrote:
Hello,

If you consider the average weight of (properly fed) kitties to be in
the range of 5 (3 to 6) lbs, and the weight range of a St. Bernard is
110/200 lbs, you can own about 40 kitties of a St. Bernard's worth.
Therefore if someone asks you how many kitties you own, you can say,
“I have a St. Bernard‘s worth”, so while Nosy Rosy is standing there
in a state of confusion, you can quickly change the subject, or just
walk away.

If you live in a housing complex that says you can own up to the size
of a dog thatis no more than 20 lbs; you can own about 4 (properly
fed) kitties.

In his natural form, the Snow Bengal is an exception, but then heis
also bran new to the cat world, so eventually they may raise the
average to 6 lbs.

Where in the civilized world does one find healthy adult cats who weigh
LESS???? Except for Paraclete (who was the runt of her litter) none of
my lifetime's worth of cats has weighed less than ten pounds, and I've
had a couple who were closer to fifteen, without being in any way obese.
Old April 24th 10, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

ifin da trooll didunt wantsa hear furm uses himz wuldinta haf putted usses
inna crozz poztz, Trudi, likin OT's recipeez

Old April 24th 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.community
harry

On Apr 24, 4:54*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
harry wrote:
[...]

had a couple who were closer to fifteen, without being in any way obese.- Hide quoted text -

Hello,

http://www.pictures-of-cats.org/larg...cat-breed.html

Here is a chart for weight. "Itis up-to-date" and why iam breeding
recessive-gene kitties:

xCat Breed RSPCA figures

Small (not min) RSPCA figures

Average
RSPCA figures

Large (not max)
Encyclopedia
of the Cat - Dr Fogle figures (presumed min to max) Main Associations
mentioned above recognizing this breed plus comments.
Abyssinian 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 9 to 16
4 to 7.5 CFA, TICA, GCCF, FIFe
American Bob 8.8
4.0 11.2
5.0 13.2
6.0 7 to 15
3 to 7 CFA, TICA
Allerca¹ 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 {none} treated as a mixed breed cat for this task
Ashera GD² . 25.0
11.3 30.0
13.6
Weight based on appearance and on the fact that this cat is
effectively a Savannah. Not a cat breed.
American Curl
6.8
3.1 8.5
3.9 10.1
4.6 7 to 11
3 to 5 CFA, TICA, FIFe
American Ringtail 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 Treated as a mixed breed cat for this task. Yet to be recognized
by the cat associations.
American SH 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.8
5.8 8 to 15
3.5 to 7 CFA, TICA,

American Wirehair 7.9
3.6 9.9
4.5 11.9
5.4 8 to 15
3.5 to 7 CFA, TICA

Australian Mist 8 to 13
3.5 to 6
Balinese 6.8
3.1 8.6
3.9 10.1
4.6 6 to 11
2.5 to 5 GCCF, CFA, TICA, FIFe
Bambino 6.8
3.1 8.5
3.9 10.1
4.6 Estimated based on Munchkin and the smaller cats. No associations
recognize this breed.
Bengal 8.8
4.0 11.2
5.0 13.2
6.0 12 to 22
5.5 to 10 FIFe, TICA, GCCF (note: I think Dr Fogle has the weights a
bit high)
Birman 7.9
3.6 9.9
4.5 11.9
5.4 10 to 18
4.5 to 8 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Bombay 7.9
3.6 9.9
4.5 11.9
5.4 6 to 11
2.5 to 5 CFA, TICA
British SH 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.8
5.8 9 to 18
4 to 8 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Burmese (USA and UK) 6.8
3.1 8.6
3.9 10.1
4.6 8 to 14
3.5 to 6.5 TICA, FIFe, CFA, GCCF
Burmilla . 9.5
4.3 11.0
5.0 9 to 15
4 to 7 FIFe, GCCF
Calif Spangled 8.8
4.0 11.2
5.0 13.2
6.0 9 to 18
4 to 8 Internet says 9-18 lbs but this cat is a hybrid of cats
Abyssinian, American and British Shorthair none of which weigh 18 lbs
so estimate made accordingly. TICA recognize this cat.
Chausie . 15.0
6.8 20.0
9.0 Internet claims 15-35 lbs. This cat is a Jungle cat, Abyssinian
hybrid. The Jungle cat weighs on average about 17 lbs (7.6kg). The Aby
weighs about 10 lbs. The weight is based on these figures. TICA
recognize this cat.
Chartreux 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.8
5.8 7 to 17
3 to 7.5 TICA, FIFe, CFA. A well known author says the weight range is
7 - 17 lbs.
Cornish Rex 5.9
2.7 7.5
3.4 8.8
4.0 6 to 10
2.5 to 4.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Cymric 7.7
3.5 9.7
4.4 11.5
5.2 8 to 12
3.5 to 5.5 TICA, FIFe
Devon Rex 6.2
2.8 7.9
3.6 9.5
4.3 6 to 9
2.5 to 4 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Don Sphynx 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 TICA, FIFe
Egyptian Mau 6.6
3.0 8.4
3.8 9.9
4.5 5 to 11
2.25 to 5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Elf cat 6.8
3.1 8.5
3.9 10.1
4.6 Estimated. Too early for associations to recognize this cat.
Probably too early be part of this survey on the largest domestic cat
breed.
European SH 8 to 15
3.5 to 7 FIFe
Exotic Shorthair 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.6
5.7 7 to 14
3 to 6.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Havana Brown 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 6 to 10
2.5 to 4.5 TICA, CFA, GCCF
Himalayan 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.6
5.7 8 to 15
3.5 to 7 TICA, GCCF, CFA, FIFe
Household Pet 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 TICA
Japanese Bobtail 6.2
2.8 7.9
3.6 9.5
4.3 6 to 9
2.5 to 4 TICA, FIFe, CFA
Javanese 9.5
4.3 7.9
3.6 9.5
4.3 CFA
Kinkalow 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 none
Korat 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 6 to 10
2.5 to 4.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Kurilian Bobtail 7.7
3.5 9.7
4.4 12.8
5.8 7 to 10
3 to 4.5 FIFe
Lambkin 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 none
LaPerm 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 8 to 12
3.5 to 5.5 GCCF, TICA, CFA
Maine Coon 12.8
5.8 16.1
7.3 19.4
8.8 9 to 22
4 to 10 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA. The largest Maine Coon cats can weigh
25 lb (11 kg) for males.
Manx 7.7
3.5 9.7
4.4 11.5
5.2 8 to 12
3.5 to 5.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Minskin 6.2
2.8 7.9
3.6 9.5
4.3 No associations recognize. I have given the same weight as the
Devon Rex
Munchkin 7.7
3.5 9.5
4.3 10.6
4.8 5 to 9
2.25 to 4 none
Napoleon 7.0
3.2 9.5
4.3 10.6
4.8 none
Nebelung 5.5
2.5 7.0
3.2 8.4
3.8 6 to 11
2.5 to 5 TICA
Norwegian FC 7.0
3.2 9.0
4.1 11.2
5.0 7 to 20
3 to 9 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Ocicat 9.7
4.4 12.1
5.5 14.5
6.6 6 to 14
2.5 to 6.5 TICA, CFA, FIFe
Ojos Azules 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 TICA, Estimated weight the same as mixed breed
Oriental SH 6.6
3.0 8.1
3.7 9.7
4.4 9 to 14
4 to 6.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Persian 8.4
3.8 10.6
4.8 12.6
5.7 8 to 15
3.5 to 7 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Peterbald 7.0
3.2 8.8
4.0 10.6
4.8 Estimated based on the weights of the founding cats the Oriental
SH and Don Don Sphynx
Pixie-bob 8.8
4.0 11
5.0 17.5
8.0 9 to 18
4 to 8 TICA
Ragdoll 11.0
5.0 13.9
6.3 16.5
7.5 10 to 20
4.5 to 9 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA. A breeder says male: 15-20 lbs &
females around 10–15 lbs.
RagaMuffin 11.0
5.0 13.9
6.3 16.5
7.5 CFA
Russian Blue 5.5
2.5 7.0
3.2 8.4
3.8 7 to 12
3 to 5.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Safari . 20
9.1 . Estimated for F1 male. This is a Geoffroy's cat and domestic SH
hybrid the result of which is heavier than either. No associations
recognize this breed
Savannah . 25
11.3 . TICA - F1s can weigh more.
Scottish Fold 8.8
4.0 11.0
5.0 13.2
6.0 6 to 13
2.4 to 6 TICA, CFA
Selkirk Rex 7 to 11
3 to 5 CFA, TICA
Serengeti 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 TICA,
Serval³ . 39.6
18.0 .
none
Skookum 7.7
3.5 9.5
4.3 10.6
4.8 none
Sokoke . 8.1
3.7 . Estimated as this is one of the rarest cats. Her appearance is
on the small side.
Siamese Modern 6.6
3.0 8.1
3.7 9.7
4.4 6 to 12
2.5 to 5.5 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA
Siamese Trad 7.5
3.4 9.5
4.3 11.2
5.1 TICA (as Thai)
Siberian 8.8
4.0 11.0
5.0 13.2
6.0 10 to 20
4.5 to 9 GCCF, TICA, FIFe, CFA. Large cats can be 20 lbs.
Singapura 5.5
2.5 6.8
3.1 8.1
3.7 4 to 9