Memorial Service for Mme. Anaïs begins..

Old June 5th 11, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Memorial Service for Mme. Anaïs begins..

a porter twinkles, and silently storrmmee and rosco, oej and stt, chester
and lucy, mh and missy, trudi and jack, and barbi all exit the porter...

they find their way to the front of the temple taking their place so they
can all gase on the alter and the beautiful picture of their friend and
sisfur in paw...

they all know their famblee must speak, and they will, but they will wate
until efurione else has had their turn...

trudi turns to barbi: this is the downside of lofing, butted the upside is
so great that its worth it.

trudi
"Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast" wrote in message

The temple doors swing open. Inside the temple cats have laid out
cushions and flowers on the lapis blue floor, polished smooth by
millennia of padded feet, incense fills the air. Hercule Lenoir is at
the organ, playing Anaïs favorite Bach Tocattas. In the center, on a
small table is a picture of Anaïs. Porters twinkle as kitties arrive
and file in. In her black robes, Mau arrives at the altar, and all is
silent. She black as night herself, her green eyes and the emerald
scarab around her neck sparkling.

"Meow, my fellow cats! We come together for a sad occasion, our Anaïs
has left this mortal coil to now travel to a higher, spiritual place.

She was loved by many, including us here at the Temple, but
especially her human, who is heartbroken that his little companion is
now gone but not forgotten.

Anycat who wishes may now come up and meow a few words..."

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt

Old June 5th 11, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

Mme. Anais was a furry speshul girlcat. Her brought an element of grace
and elegance and refinement to da Community. Her connections wif cats of
importance and substance all around da world brought much richness to da
time we all spent together, and her experiences wif da finer things in
life allowed all of us to experience those things as well.

Mme. Anais obviously loved her human very much, and Unka Serge loved her
very much in return. It was allez encouraging to watch just how much they
cared for each offur. And I am positive dat the lovely Anais is looking
down from da Rainbow Bridge keeping an eye on our Unka Serge.

We will miss you, Mme Anais.

Sammy
Old June 5th 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Booker, Snowflake an Chappy listen to all da wunnerful rememfurances of
Anais, an purr soffly, zo as not to disturb da service. Dey are finking
of Unka Serge, an how hard dis must be fur him, an hope dat he memfurz
all da gud gud tymes.

Old June 6th 11, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

The house of asher/Grass goes to the front, they stand silently for a few
moments gasing at their friend's pcture then they turn and face the
assembled cats.

Trudi; We have so much to say about our friend, but it would take longer
than it should to do it that way so we have selected some readings to
describe the friend we shared and the next adventure she has embarked on and
how wonderful the reunion shall be. These readings hopefully will bring you
all comfort, human and feline beings alike.

Trudi steps back and Chester steps forward and begins:

This first reading is of where our friend is waiting for us and how it is
there, she will wait for her hoomin and the joy at that time will be
overflowing. Until that time the thought of a happy healthy feline waiting
hopefully will bring uncle serge comfort and the will to go on and share his
life with another his beloved friend will send him.

Chester reads:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal
dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to
Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and
sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very
special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body
begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green
grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to
be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again
caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so
long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...

*Author Unknown*

Chester steps back and OEJ steps forward: unca Serge, this poem 'splains
efurithin ursef already knows, we juzt wanted ursefta know we all
unnerstandz juzt how hrd it mite be fur ursef ta gif bak to G*D what hims
has so generuslee loaned ursef ta learn what real lofe iz... OEJ then
recites:

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? Asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

OEJ steps back and a little white girl steps furwurd and beginsBarbi: unca
Serge i kow your precious girl wented faster than ursef would have
prefferred butted all kittys go in a way that is suited to their hoomin, so,
it is the way it should be, and in the way that is least painful fur ursef,
this does not diminish da pain ursef feelz, it juzt means of all the wayz
dat a kitty kan go, hersef piked da way dat wuz bezt fur ursef.

barbi, who speaks rarely steps bak and is decidedly scared she hasn't
'spressed hersef korrektlee.

Storrmmee stepz furwurd and recites:

MEMBER OF THE FAMILY

What would I do without you, my precious, furry friend?...
Part mischief, but all blessings, and faithful to the end!
You look at me with eyes of love; you never hold a grudge....
You think I'm far too wonderful to criticize or judge.

It seems your greatest joy in life is being close to me...
I think God knew how comforting your warm, soft fur would be.
I know you think you're human, but I'm glad it isn't true...
The world would be a nicer place if folks were more like you!

A few short years are all we have; One day we'll have to part...
But you, my pet, will always have a place within my heart.

- Hope Harrington Kolb

As she finishes she stares intently atta unca Serge then says: Urown
girlkitty felt dat ursef was da mozt purrfekt hoomin onna earf, I
unnerstandz diz beclawz diz iz how i feelz abowt mine furree, she alzo
knowed ursef waza smurtezt hoomin efur beclawz ursef liztned when hersef
expressed hersf s purfurnce ta come home wif ursef instead of dat ofur
kitty... i iz sure dat urown fambily waz wunner wif da two of ursefz init...

As Storrmmee steps back MH steps furward and recites without introduction:

Heaven Is...

A man was riding his horse down a road, his dog padding along by their
side.The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that
he was dead. He remembered dying, and that his horse and dog had been dead
for years. He wondered where the road was leading them. After a while, they
came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like
fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that
glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent
gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl, and the street that led
to the gate looked like pure gold. He nudged the horse toward the gate, and
as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close
enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered.
"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.
"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right
up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. "Can my friends," gesturing
downward towards his horse and dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.
"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept animals."

The man thought a moment and then turned his horse back toward the road and
continued the way he had been going. After another long walk, and at the top
of another long hill, he came to a dirt road which led through a farm gate
that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he
approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading
a book. "Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there" The man pointed to a place that
couldn't be seen from outside the gate. "Come on in."
"How about my friends here?" the traveler asked.
"There should be a bowl and a bucket by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old fashioned hand
pump with a bowl and a bucket beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and
took a long drink himself, then gave some to the dog while he filled the
bucket for his horse. When they all were satisfied, he led his horse back
toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them, the dog
following faithfully behind.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.
"This is heaven," was the answer.
"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said
that was heaven, too."
"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's
hell." "Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen
out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

MH finishes his reading and explains: I wanted read this storree beclawz it
says dat we will all be togefur agin afur diz life, but it also sayz dat
urown furnd hadda 'nuf faif in ursefta know dat ursef wuld nefur leaf hersef
behind, dat ursef wuld awayz du whut wuz bezt fur hersef and what wuld make
hersef happee, and efin do it waz beree painful fur ursef unca serge, ursef
did juzt dat, owr howze iz proud to have known urown kitty, we iz prowd she
waaz a memfur of owrz famblee by winkin Mr. Tigerman, anna we iz prowd to
know sucha a lofing hoomin az ursef...

MH steps back and all six kittys leaf da front and return to der kushinz.

Old June 6th 11, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Da Gramby lubbed da one bout Heaven anna Hell, her sayz dat iz da place her
will go sumday and dat her frenz will be dere, like da Rainbow Bridge. I
likez ta fink dat is da way it will bee. Piglett wipeing a tear.

Old June 6th 11, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

barbi leans close to her friend... i sure hopez i did ok, i getted so
nurbouz i pulled owt some furz on mine side, barbi, who beleefz inna nezt
step fur efuree bein

Old June 6th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

U did finez. It is hardt ta tell sumone u lubz dem and karez for dem effen
when dem iz frenz u neffer mett and when dem iz hurtink. Da peoplez here
knowz diz so u did jus fine.

Old June 6th 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

[...]

Mosey ports tew Skotland n pix up da Gordon Kitties n bringz dem bak tew da
Service
Sukie stands up n sez
We awl luffed Mme Anais Vury mutch n we misses huerownself cuz hur wuz
ulwayz sew nise tew usses wen wee gotted heer.
Hab uh bonney tyme at da Bridge wiff yer wink Mme Asais
Harry n Jack sit dere wiff teerz in dere eyes.
Den da saownd uff bagpipes kan beh hurd in da dizdanse.
Luffs,
The Gordon Kitties

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt

Old June 7th 11, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast

Mau returns to the lectern and softly meows:

Let us all remember that our lives on this earth are as variable as
the moon, waxing and waning: all is well, then there is misfortune,
then all is well again! It is the cycle of life, and always remember
that no matter how dark things seem, they will brighten again.

My fellow cats, you have all spoken beautiful and loving words; now
we must say goodbye to our friend Anaïs.

Anaïs, you were a wonderful and beautiful creature; we, your friends
must say "Goodbye" for now. May Peace, and Light shine on you on the
other side of the Bridge.

Mau picks up the emerald-cover orb in her paw, shakes it high and out
of it pour thousands of little points of light, all rising to the
ceiling of the Temple. For a brief second the points converge into the
image of a Persian girl, her paw raised, waving goodbye. Then the
points of light slowly descend on the cats gathered there.

My fellow cats, I bless you in the name of Bast with all that is
good; go forth in peace and love and live long and prosperous lives!

[The organ plays as cats file out]

--
Mrrrrrkk,

Mau, High Priestess
Temple of Bast, Egypt

Tiger's Memorial Service begins... Mau, High Priestess - Temple of Bast Cat community 48 September 8th 10 11:23 PM
Tiger's Memorial Service Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] Cat community 19 August 20th 10 05:40 AM
Memorial Service KaN Cat anecdotes 23 July 24th 05 04:18 AM
The Memorial Service Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 December 11th 03 04:52 AM