A trip to prepare for the Jellicle Ball

Old October 18th 12, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default A trip to prepare for the Jellicle Ball

Community Cats wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

"Are you all headed for ze castle? If so, would you like a ride?"

And "Ah, Johan, thank you fur ze offer! Let's all climb on ze
hayrack. It iz so much easier than walking up ze hill."

Daisy-chan, Cash and Aunti Mabel arrive just in time to catch a ride.
Cash is too big and stiff to get up so trotts to the side but Johan and
the others help Aunti Mabel up where she takes a quiet corner with her
head hanging over the side and enjoys the ride.

"Ve are now in ze courtyard. Ze gates you just came through are over
a foot thick but are so finely balanced zat a kit can open or close
zem. Here straight ahead is the grand entrance. Come in, please."

Cash and Aunti Mabel drop back for a second to play with the door.
Playing almost like volleyball, they swing it gently back and forth to
one another.

Catching up:

"The staircase is designed to be accessable to all kittie and doggies
and others. The stairs are padded, and these lifts are controlled by
meows or barks.

Aunti Mabel can't resist a quick ride and Daisy-Chan jumps in next to
her to enjoy the fun. Cash notes even HE can fit in it!

Maria gestures to a bright white stripe dividing the room in half.

Daisy-chan, Cash and Aunti Mabel chat to the side. They decide they
want a room on the ghosty side.

Zo, you probably haf many questions. How may I help you?"

Daisy-chan steps forward. "Wez has over 100 memory foam beds dat can
be brought over if you need them anna placed about gardens or rooms.
Kan you tell maiself what places need sum? You have so much here
already!"

Old October 18th 12, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

[large white Persian edges quietly to the front of the group]

Miz Maria, ma'am?
Your castle is spectacular and da ballroom and banquet hall are amazing!
Fangu *so* much for making it available for da Jellicle Ball.
I was wondering, doh, neither room seems quite right for the giving of and listening to Tributes.
Were you planning on your garden, purrhaps, for da ceremonial parts of da event?

Azad
Old October 18th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:26:00 -0700, M Patterson wrote:

[large white Persian edges quietly to the front of the group]

Miz Maria, ma'am?
Your castle is spectacular and da ballroom and banquet hall are amazing!
Fangu *so* much for making it available for da Jellicle Ball. I was
wondering, doh, neither room seems quite right for the giving of and
listening to Tributes. Were you planning on your garden, purrhaps, for
da ceremonial parts of da event?

Azad

Oh, I do understand! Let me show you the back garden. It's quite
spectacular.

[Maria leads the group to the grand staircase, then slides down the wide
banister and waits for everyone else to catch up. She leads them through
the castle until they come to a massive oak door. She opens the door and
leads the group through into a huge garden.

Managed plantings of roses form two edges of the garden. The far edge is
a growth of wild roses and other native flowers and bushes, and behind
the flowers and bushes towering oak trees frame the view of the valley.
On all three sides, past the flowered areas are steep drop-offs offering
dramatic views of the valley and the river below. Small islands of low-
growing flowers dot the area. Comfortable benches and cushions are
situated next to the flowered islands. Just before the trees a large
pavillion offers a podium, a low table, and comfortable seating. Incense
burners dot the edges of the pavillion. The massive stone walls of the
castle form the back of the garden, and wall-mounted spotlights
illuminate the garden and the pavillion.]

Maria: Welcome to the garden, kitties. We use this for only special
private events, but we would be delighted to offer it's use to you. Mr.
Azad, would this do for your Calling of Names?

Old October 18th 12, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_2_]

Daisy-chan steps forward. "Wez has over 100 memory foam beds dat can be
brought over if you need them anna placed about gardens or rooms. Kan
you tell maiself what places need sum? You have so much here already!"

Akchooly, zat would be vunderbar! Ve haf many mattresses and beds, but
most of zem are older ones - most of zem are stuffed wiz goose down. It
is nice and soft, but not very supportive. Your memory foam beds would be
great! Ve haf many guest rooms we can make available to ze Community,
ranging from one cat rooms to rooms suitable for dozens of kitties and
doggies. We would luf to have you bring zem here. Fangu furry much!

Maria
Old October 19th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Community Cats wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Daisy-chan steps forward. "Wez has over 100 memory foam beds dat
can be brought over if you need them anna placed about gardens or
rooms. Kan you tell maiself what places need sum? You have so much
here already!"

Akchooly, zat would be vunderbar! Ve haf many mattresses and beds,
but most of zem are older ones - most of zem are stuffed wiz goose
down. It is nice and soft, but not very supportive. Your memory foam
beds would be great! Ve haf many guest rooms we can make available to
ze Community, ranging from one cat rooms to rooms suitable for dozens
of kitties and doggies. We would luf to have you bring zem here.
Fangu furry much!

Maria

'No problem!' says Daisy-chan as she deftly dials the warehouse and
arranges for shippage. Cash looks at her softly and whines and she
dials another number to have porters help get them all in place. It
was after all she muses, a bit much for one doggie no matter how big to
handle that many! Now, he can help just shift them to 'just that right
spot' at the direction of various kittahs.

'We'z also ordered 15 larger ones 'cause we do not know if sum other
doggies may be a bit bigger but we knows some like the Gordon Kittahs
like to sleep inna pile soze need more room. Dez are biggist enuff fur
an irish wolfie hound anna made thicker since dey sink alot. Kin we
put one at the bottom of the bannister so iffn kittahs wanna slide down
dey have a soft landing assured?' says Daisy-chan

Aunti Mabel steps out and gives a happy conspirital grin to Maria. 'If
I may my most generous hostess, I shall walk the yard and see if there
is a spot that may cause hesitation to us elderly ones. I see already
your lovely home is well set and assume you have some low-stepping
boxes for the kittahs who can't handle the high ones already. I shall
check for reasonable spots for those who prefer to use the 'out' for
'personal things' and let you know what I see'. With a saucy wink and
a faint scent that says this was also slightly an excuse of an elderly
lady to go 'use some personal space', Aunti Mabel saunters off...

Old October 19th 12, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

[...]

Mosey and his crowd are almost speechless at the beauty of all this and the
cats here as well, who are all
so nice and accommodating, and it is nice to see Anti Mabel, Cash-pup and
Daisy-chan here as well.
This is going to be wonderful......wow...*gulp*

Old October 19th 12, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:17:41 PM UTC-4, Community Cats wrote:
[...]

Ma'am...dis is most splendid!
Da Tributes, as you know, are da furry heart of da Jellicle Ball, and dis setting is simply supurrb!
Fangu again, Miz Maria.
Your hospitality is unmatched!

Azad
Old October 26th 12, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Aunti Mabel saunters back in with a cheeky grin. There was one little
spot to the left with some slippery moss on a long rock but with Cash's
help she was able to move one of those little solar lights by it.
Daisy-chan said it was a wonderful looking perch in strong sun to warm
up on so should not be disturbed, just lit at night and kittahs of aged
hips should be warned that with night dew, it could be slippery.
Hesitantly she warns that older 2foots might want to watch that section
too but the light should handle that.

As Aunti Mabel comes back in, she sees the last of the moving guys
closing the truck up after delivering all the beds. Cash has been
pushing them into place in various rooms at Daisy-chan and other
kittahs directions and looks fairly frazzled.

Aunti Mabel takes one look and issues a loud BARK!

All movement stops for a moment as only Cash and Daisy-chan have ever
heard her bark (and an awesome bark it is!).

Aunti Mabel then bows (best as her aged bones can do) to Maria and asks:

'Maria, would you like some help with all this mayhem? Iffen I culd
suggest, we needs just one kittah friend to decide how a room gets
cushiees placed, not moving dem 15 times fur 4 kittahs. Pick one purr
room ok? I'll help. Deys all unwrapped now anna i kin nose dem easier
to place kuz I'z almost 30lbs of doggie. Iffin it's stacked, one of you
kittahs can help unstack while I drag it off den tell me where you want
it. I kint handle the few big ones, but I kin do the regular ones'.

Cash sinks to the ground for a short break and looks at the rooms. He
whines softly to Daisy-chan wth a pointed look at Aunti Mabel. With a
wink, all the kittahs agree to make sure Aunti Mabel doesn't overdo and
they don't ask Cash to drag stuff in the same room 15 times but rather
decide on a spot then ask him to help.

Work proceeds most quickly now with Maria's help and almost everything
is in place. A reservation shows one large cushion needs to get to the
3rd floor. Cash loads it on his back with the help of 4 kittahs and
Aunti Mabel gently bites the back end and holds it up as the 4 kittahs
help lift the sides. They work up the stairway slowly each doing their
part in tandem to work as as a group, using their strenght such as it
is for each and balancing one another.

All seems ready for their part.

Cash's ears blush as one of the lady Kittahs licks his nose and one of
the men kittahs ears turn blood red as Aunti Mabel saucily gives him a
nose poink then a lick and saunters off. Daisy-chan grins as she takes
her crew back home for a well earned rest, to return for the ball once
it starts.

Old November 4th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Unca Adam upon arrival finds he has a 3rd floor room. With a grin he
knows his long legs can make it there easier than most of the kittahs.

Maria smiles at the memory foam mattress big enough for a 2foot then
gets to work with 4 other kittahs to put big sheets and a comforter on
it. It;s on the floor 'Japanese style' because even cash and Aunti
Mabel can't get this big item up on a bed stand, but they decorate the
room to match and put a furry rug to one side with a table lamp, a
chest of drawers and in the bathroom she has a holder for the long
massage shower-head on a cable put up where it will work for Unca Adam.
Maria finishes her preps by opening the curtins of his balcony so he
can see down over the garden. Musing, she adds a small chest cooler
with a few beers, an ash tray, and a cuban cigar. She doesn't know if
he drinks beer or smokes cigars, but it seemed so the finishing touch
to make him feel welcome.

Once she leaves, there is a small riffle of curtin and a padding of
soft feet. A small sound of approval then silence reigns in the empty
room.

Old November 4th 12, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

cshenk wrote:
[...]

Wow! Such luxurious accommodations! Thank you! Um... where am I,
anyway? Where's the Jellicle Ball being held this year?

Adam

Jellicle Ball Yowie Cat anecdotes 49 October 10th 10 10:17 PM
Jellicle Ball Mme. Anaïs Lachatte Cat community 36 September 20th 10 11:23 PM
Jellicle Ball: Phantom and Misty Head for the Ball [email protected] Cat community 0 October 15th 08 07:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: The Story of the First Jellicle Ball [email protected] Cat community 16 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: You Need a Ball Committee [email protected] Cat community 48 October 8th 06 05:25 AM