Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees

Old October 29th 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

Default Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees

[A large Persian carefully adjusts his white vest, adjusting a pin in the shape of a winged cat and attaching a small red heart-shaped tag to the chain of his gold watch as he sits in the garden pavillion. In the far distance, the last glint of sun catches the water on the river far below. Slowly the great face of the moon appears above the mountaintop, illuminating the garden, the assembled guests, and the large white cat at the podium in clear moonlight.]

Good evening, sirs and ma'ams...dear friends.

Welcome to the seventeenth annual Jellicle Ball.

We gather at dis time of year to share our sorrow and pay Tribute to our beloved friends and family who have journeyed on ahead.

Our hearts may break, but we rejoice at having known them and for the love we knew...and carry with us.

Da first name Called, as is our custom, represents many.

Kitties who may not have found their TrueHomes in this life, kitties who lived rough or whose stories simply touched our compassion.

Kitties whose TrueNames we did not know but who wait now at da Bridge for their TrueFamily to arrive.

I call their Names, our esteemed Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Ares, House of Backman
Sadie, House of Berkebile
Lyger, House of Cameron
Missy, House of Coan
Sonam (Serge), House of Dasara
Caitlin, House of Dunn
Dulcie Mae, House of Edwards
Shadow-da-Pup, of the Fur Conspiracy
Jack, House of Gordon
Bandit, House of Haught-Weeks
Little Olive, House of Haught-Weeks
Willie G., House of Kelley
Susan, House of Kirt
Callie, House of Lamson
Arnold, House of Miller
Kiowa, House of Miller
Ella, House of Patterson/Guyette
Ann, House of Pommerehn
Honeycat, House of Porter
Aladdin, House of Rennie
Whiskers, House of Scott
Misty, House of Stacy
Molly, House of Stacy
Roxanne Marie, House of Stillwell & Tenbusch
TC, House of Stillwell & Tenbusch
Tucker, House of Stillwell & Tenbusch
Cougar, House of Stott
Marble, House of Stott
Princess Pasha, House of Terrell
Victor Velcro, House of Welton
Miranda, House of Wikler-Cook
Teva, House of Wikler-Cook
Old October 30th 12, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On 2012-10-29 15:45:03 -0500, M Patterson said:

[A large Persian carefully adjusts his white vest, adjusting a pin in
the shape of a winged cat and attaching a small red heart-shaped tag to
the chain of his gold watch as he sits in the garden pavillion. In the
far distance, the last glint of sun catches the water on the river far
below. Slowly the great face of the moon appears above the mountaintop,
illuminating the garden, the assembled guests, and the large white cat
at the podium in clear moonlight.]

I would like to request that another human be added to the list for the
final calling - Betty, houise of Clegg. She was my Meowmie's Mom. She
went to the Rainbow Bridge last night.

She has a kittie named Adlai Stevenson and a dog named Madchen waiting
for her at the Bridge.

Amelia

Old October 30th 12, 01:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

As the last echoes of the reading of the list the full moon, which had
been visible through the tops of the towering oak trees, rises into
clear view. The moon, seeming much brighter than Amelia remembers,
illuminates the entire garden and the kitties and others sitting there.
As she looks around, she sees that the castle's spotlights have been
turned off - all of the light in the garden is from the moon's light.
Many damp eyes can be seen.

Along the edges of the garden Amelia's eyes detect dozens of kitty and
doggy forms, but when she looks closely she can see more garden behind
them - through the kitty and doggy forms. It seems that the castle's
resident ghosts have come out to pay their respects as well.

Amelia looks over the edge of the heights upon which the castle is
situated. Seeing the glistening ribbon of river far below, the
patchwork of farm fields filling the valley, and glittering of lights
from the village and the farm houses, Amelia thinks "Uncle Serge, I am
so sorry you aren't here to see this."

Old October 30th 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On 2012-10-29 15:45:03 -0500, M Patterson said:

[A large Persian carefully adjusts his white vest, adjusting a pin in

the shape of a winged cat and attaching a small red heart-shaped tag to

the chain of his gold watch as he sits in the garden pavillion. In the

far distance, the last glint of sun catches the water on the river far

below. Slowly the great face of the moon appears above the mountaintop,

illuminating the garden, the assembled guests, and the large white cat

at the podium in clear moonlight.]

I would like to request that another human be added to the list for the

final calling - Betty, houise of Clegg. She was my Meowmie's Mom. She

went to the Rainbow Bridge last night.

She has a kittie named Adlai Stevenson and a dog named Madchen waiting

for her at the Bridge.

Amelia

Oh, Amelia.
Mine House sends our deepest condolences to yourmom.
Purrrrrrrrrrs for your whole family, we are so sorry.
Her brick is in place and she will be Called.

Azad
Old October 30th 12, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Please add Francis, House of Simmons, to the list.

sniff He was a memfur of Tuxedo Nation, always well dressed.

Fangu,
Rosco P. Catrane, Age 7
Sheriff of Catmerica
Old October 30th 12, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:10:58 PM UTC-4, Debby Hanoka wrote:
Please add Francis, House of Simmons, to the list.

sniff He was a memfur of Tuxedo Nation, always well dressed.

Fangu,

Rosco P. Catrane, Age 7

Sheriff of Catmerica

Ohdear, we'ze sorry, Rosco.
His brick has been added, and he will be included in da Final Calling.

Azad
Old October 30th 12, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Fangu, Azad. What is the address for the Walk Of Remembrance? I wanna send it to Mr. Francis's humans.

Rosco
Old October 30th 12, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
M Patterson

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:04:22 PM UTC-4, Debby Hanoka wrote:
Fangu, Azad. What is the address for the Walk Of Remembrance? I wanna send it to Mr. Francis's humans.

Rosco

http://bccclub.webstarts.com/walk.html

(or http://bccclub.webstarts.com/introduction.html, if dey are all right wiff an explanation in meow)

Azad
Old October 31st 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

I fingk he mite be seein it frum whare he iz. Maybe we will see him when da
Rainbow Brij appeerz laterer.

We awl missez hizself furry much, too.

Rebecca

Old October 31st 12, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
wafflycat[_3_]

Default A thank you. Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees

"Debby Hanoka" wrote in message
Please add Francis, House of Simmons, to the list.

sniff He was a memfur of Tuxedo Nation, always well dressed.

Fangu,
Rosco P. Catrane, Age 7
Sheriff of Catmerica

Popping in to say a sincere thank you to Debby.

Francis, my lovely, lovely boy is no longer with me. He died in my arms
yesterday, out in the garden, on a sunny day, beneath the branches of his
favourite willow tree. He was able to feel the sun on his face and the wind
in his whiskers one last time. He was 16 and until very recently, lively,
fun, and still hunting any rodent that made its way into the garden. He
loved his hens (we have three) and could sometimes be found curled up asleep
in the straw of the hen house.

In the end, it was kidney disease that got him, and he also had dementia
creeping in.

Waffles misses him too. The Mighty Huntress of eighteen of her own years,
wandered around the house last night, calling out, searching nooks and
crannies for her boy. After a while she decided that this hoomin could be a
source of cuddles and she stuck to me like a limpet last night.

The hoominz of Chateau Wafflycat are grateful to have been able to spend
part of their lives with the joy in life that was Francis. That little
abused stray kitten we took in years ago, who took many months to get to
full health, turned into the sweetest, friendliest cat you could ever meet
and he graced our lives for many happy years.

Francis will never be forgotten.

Thanks, helen s