frustrated hangman

Old November 2nd 12, 12:21 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
The gods have made us mad

Default frustrated hangman

"The gods have made us mad" wrote in message

"saracene" wrote in message

My first term at London University I was in digs in Streatham with a
Mr and Mrs Dare. Mr Dare had got bloodlust in the first world war. He
boasted of having bayoneted eight Germans to death. After the war he
wanted to join the prison service with the ambition of becoming a
hangman, but was considered unsuitable so he became a butcher
instead, and worked in a slaughterhouse. Mrs Dare used to like to keep
a pet cat. Unfortunately even the most housetrained of cats will
occasionally have an accident, crapping somewhere indoors when they
should always ask to go out to the garden. Mr Dare considered himself
a fair and reasonable man. He would allow them just one mistake.
Following a second ****ting offence, even years later, he would give
the cat a last stroke, then take it down to a tub at the bottom of the
garden to drown. It happened when I was there. His wife wept, just as
she did for the children of Aberfan. However she accepted that men
were hard but just and that her pet had to die. They had got through
quite a number of cats over the years.

----------------------------

Why was this entertaining tale not cross posted to rec.pets.cats.community?

Hang on an mo' - I'll do it.

Old November 2nd 12, 12:25 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
Geopelia

Hope the ******* got a good scratching.

Old November 3rd 12, 08:21 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

"saracene" wrote in message

[...]

Obvious troll is obvious
Old November 3rd 12, 10:50 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
The gods have made us mad

"saracene" wrote in message

[...]

Nonsense! - prcc is the obvious place for feline matters, besides which,
it's far and away the maddest group on Usenet.

Having said that, I was genuinely shocked to see how the cat group has
declined over the last few years! - once, it was a veritable babel of
mewing, hissing, spitting, and people talking to each other in a peculiar
'kitty-witty' language.

They had sharp claws in those days! - and anyone who ventured into their
territory to mock their insanity risked being torn apart like a mouse at a
cat show!

Now, sadly, they seem torpid and slow to react. Like old fat tabbies, they
snooze away their declining years in the sunshine, ears occasionally
twitching as they dream fitfully of old dustbins, old prey, and of old
glories now gone.

Part of the almost universal decline of Usenet, sadly.

Old November 3rd 12, 01:34 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
abelard

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:50:18 -0000, "The gods have made us mad"
wrote:

Nonsense! - prcc is the obvious place for feline matters, besides which,
it's far and away the maddest group on Usenet.

Having said that, I was genuinely shocked to see how the cat group has
declined over the last few years! - once, it was a veritable babel of
mewing, hissing, spitting, and people talking to each other in a peculiar
'kitty-witty' language.

They had sharp claws in those days! - and anyone who ventured into their
territory to mock their insanity risked being torn apart like a mouse at a
cat show!

what about a cat a mouse show?

Now, sadly, they seem torpid and slow to react. Like old fat tabbies, they
snooze away their declining years in the sunshine, ears occasionally
twitching as they dream fitfully of old dustbins, old prey, and of old
glories now gone.

Part of the almost universal decline of Usenet, sadly.

i love pussy cats, yes i do....
boiled, broiled or in a stew....
Old November 3rd 12, 02:43 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
DVH

"saracene" wrote in message

[...]

Pet owners become like their pets.

Cats are packed with vice. They're corrupt to the marrow. It wasn't a
snake that encouraged Eve to eat the apple, it was a cat. A cat in a tree.

Old November 3rd 12, 02:54 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
abelard

"saracene" wrote in message

[...]

did you know that he then slowly faded away with
a sarcastic grimace?
Old November 3rd 12, 03:06 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
DVH

"saracene" wrote in message

[...]

Ay, there's the wonder of the thing! Macavity's not there!
Old November 3rd 12, 07:24 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

"saracene" *wrote in message

[...]

Part of that is true. However, it is also a solemn time of
rememberance and not the time to see of arsehats.

--
Will in New Haven
Old November 3rd 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,rec.pets.cats.community
abelard

On Sat, 3 Nov 2012 11:24:55 -0700 (PDT), Will in New Haven
wrote:

Part of that is true. However, it is also a solemn time of
rememberance and not the time to see of arsehats.

another breed of pussycat