I killed her toy

Old June 30th 14, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I killed her toy

There was a small wasp looking bug flying inside by the window. I saw
it and whacked it pretty hard. It fell to the floor between my desk and
the wall. Apparently it didn't die. It crawled out and Persia saw it.
She started making those "I see prey" chattery squeaky sounds.

I don't know exactly what it was but it was winged and looked like it
might have a stinger.

I said Persia, NO! Funny how she sometimes listens to me. In thise
case she did. She stopped pawing at it but she kept watching it. I
went and got a paper towel, picked it up and flushed it down the toilet.

Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Jill
Old June 30th 14, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Ollie and Marblecake seem to have decided it's hunting season. I've
been out late playing a music a few days this week, and came back one
night to find a heap of black feathers and a small gastro-intestinal
tract lying by the stove - no sign of any other part of the bird.
The next night it was a very fat mouse in the middle of the hallway,
untouched except it was minus its head. It's as if they're trying
to communicate some arcane message.

Old June 30th 14, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/30/2014 3:43 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
There was a small wasp looking bug flying inside by the window. I saw
it and whacked it pretty hard. It fell to the floor between my desk and
the wall. Apparently it didn't die. It crawled out and Persia saw it.
She started making those "I see prey" chattery squeaky sounds.

I don't know exactly what it was but it was winged and looked like it
might have a stinger.

I said Persia, NO! Funny how she sometimes listens to me. In thise
case she did. She stopped pawing at it but she kept watching it. I
went and got a paper towel, picked it up and flushed it down the toilet.

Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Jill

I hate all the insects about during summer although I do try to be kind
and release them. The rules are;

1) if you go near my cat, you're dead.
2) If you startle me you're dead.
3) If you're a wasp, you're dead (got stung once on the backside, an
unprovoked attack).

Perhaps Persia picked up on the urgency in your voice and that's why she
stopped.

Judith

True, I don't usually have reason to yell at Persia. She's always been
a pretty good cat.

Wasps don't seem to need a reason, they're easily provoked. Those
stings *hurt*! Unlike bees, they can do it multiple times. A cat
batting at it would probably seem like provocation, especially after I'd
already swatted it with a rolled up paper. So sorry, but you weren't
invited inside.

I don't like this time of year because of the bugs, either. No matter
what I do to try to keep them on the outside, they always manage to find
their way inside.

At least the anole lizards (very common around here) don't come in. At
least not so far.

Jill
Old July 1st 14, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 6/30/2014 2:52 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Ollie and Marblecake seem to have decided it's hunting season. I've
been out late playing a music a few days this week, and came back one
night to find a heap of black feathers and a small gastro-intestinal
tract lying by the stove - no sign of any other part of the bird.
The next night it was a very fat mouse in the middle of the hallway,
untouched except it was minus its head. It's as if they're trying
to communicate some arcane message.

Either that or they're practicing voodoo.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old July 1st 14, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:21:48 -0700, Joy wrote:

On 6/30/2014 2:52 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Ollie and Marblecake seem to have decided it's hunting season. I've
been out late playing a music a few days this week, and came back one
night to find a heap of black feathers and a small gastro-intestinal
tract lying by the stove - no sign of any other part of the bird.
The next night it was a very fat mouse in the middle of the hallway,
untouched except it was minus its head. It's as if they're trying
to communicate some arcane message.

Either that or they're practicing voodoo.

Joy

Oh, that's a scary thought. They could just use their claws instead of
nails.
Old July 1st 14, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

If you can get youtube, check out Simon's cat. There is a funny episode involving a spider. It seems that Simon is more afraid of it than the cat.
Old July 1st 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/1/2014 5:01 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
If you can get youtube, check out Simon's cat. There is a funny episode involving a spider. It seems that Simon is more afraid of it than the cat.

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19jaOSNibkU

Jill
Old July 3rd 14, 07:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 7/2/2014 12:57 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Mike
Mayers wrote:
If you can get youtube, check out Simon's cat. There is a funny episode
involving a spider. It seems that Simon is more afraid of it than the
cat.

My first cat Sweep (RB) didn't like big spiders and would ignore one even
if it ran across in front of her. She chased and killed little spiders.

one day I was in the kitchen when DH called to say there was a big spider
in the sitting-room. DH isn't scared of spiders but isn't allowed to kill
them which is his first reaction. So I grabbed the sid kit (a big jar and
a piece of card) and dashed in to deal with this spider. Sweep was sitting
there and apparently the spider had run right in front of her to go under
the sofa. I moved the sofa and put the jar over the spider. I hadn't got
the card so I went back to the kitchen to fetch it. I returned to see
Sweep hitting the top of the jar as if to say that if it wasn't in there
she'd have killed it.

Cats!

Judith

Dogs can do that sort of things too. Many years ago I had a miniature
Schnauzer. One day I had to call a repairman to work on my kitchen
stove. The entire time he was in the house, the dog stood pressed up
against the back of my legs, trembling. She followed when I let him
out. The second I hooked the screen door, she started leaping on it and
roaring, "Let me at him!"

Joy

Old July 3rd 14, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

My last apartment had these big black beetles that would wander in. I have no idea where they came from, but boy did Rita love those guys! I rarely saw one alive, since she'd 'play' with them and leave the bodies for me to clean up. Since they weren't roaches, I didn't worry too much about them, also they stayed in the living room, far from the bedroom.

Until the day she decided to bring a half-alive one onto the bed to play with while I was reading. Yeah, I didn't sleep that much that night.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old July 30th 14, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

Sorry to get rid of your toy, but I really don't want you to get stung.
Nor do I want bugs or bees in the house.

Ollie and Marblecake seem to have decided it's hunting season. I've
been out late playing a music a few days this week, and came back one
night to find a heap of black feathers and a small gastro-intestinal
tract lying by the stove - no sign of any other part of the bird.
The next night it was a very fat mouse in the middle of the hallway,
untouched except it was minus its head. It's as if they're trying
to communicate some arcane message.

"You're late with your payment. We don't like it when you're late with
your payment.

"...it would be *unfortunate* if you were to have an *accident*..."

--
Joyce

The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
the morning feeling just terrible. -- Jean Kerr

What might have killed my cat? AL_n Cats - misc 1 April 3rd 11 04:37 PM
You'd think I killed them.... kilikini Cat anecdotes 28 August 20th 08 01:54 AM
We killed it Stormmee Cat community 16 May 20th 06 03:42 AM
Imuran killed my cat! eric Cat health & behaviour 31 November 13th 03 01:56 PM
Did my cat just killed a bird? Kuisse0002 Cat health & behaviour 52 October 20th 03 04:52 PM