Persia Update - she's eaten a little today

Old August 7th 14, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia Update - she's eaten a little today

I'm going to keep an eye on her over the next couple of days. I'm sorry
if I came across as an alarmist but I'm sure you all understand. She's
my little old baby girl.

Jill
Old August 7th 14, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

I'm going to keep an eye on her over the next couple of days. I'm sorry
if I came across as an alarmist but I'm sure you all understand. She's
my little old baby girl.

Jill

~~~~~~
Yes, I think it's perfectly understandable..and I don't consider that to
being an alarmist. Cats can become very ill very quickly if they don't eat
(not to mention the fact that not eating can in itself be an indication of
illness). If we delay too long--especially with an elderly cat--then it
will often be too late to take action. That is why I encouraged you to have
a veterinary evaluation ASAP. So, you now have very good news, but I would
still suggest a visit to the vet the check on everything.

MaryL

Old August 8th 14, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/7/2014 6:51 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

I'm going to keep an eye on her over the next couple of days. I'm sorry
if I came across as an alarmist but I'm sure you all understand. She's
my little old baby girl.

Jill

~~~~~~
Yes, I think it's perfectly understandable..and I don't consider that to
being an alarmist. Cats can become very ill very quickly if they don't
eat (not to mention the fact that not eating can in itself be an
indication of illness). If we delay too long--especially with an
elderly cat--then it will often be too late to take action. That is why
I encouraged you to have a veterinary evaluation ASAP. So, you now have
very good news, but I would still suggest a visit to the vet the check
on everything.

MaryL

I'll do that. It may well be a tooth problem. I don't actually know
how old she is. She may well be over 16. I was just happy she ate some
of the wet food this morning and some more this evening. Not the
kibble, though. So yes, I'll be making an appointment even though it
upsets her so.

This afternoon she jumped up on the couch to lay down next to me. She
hit her back on the edge of the danged glass coffee table. She didn't
yelp or anything but I know that couldn't have felt good. I've moved
the coffee table further away from the couch. Poor little old girl. sigh

Jill
Old August 8th 14, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Followup: Persia Update - she's eaten a little today

On 8/7/2014 7:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 8/7/2014 6:51 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

She's eating her r/x dry kibble right now! I sprinkled some Barley Cat
on it; it's just ground dried barley leaves. She's always liked the
taste of it. I tried that when she was off her feed and it didn't help.
Tonight it's working. :-D

I'll still make the appointment.

Jill
Old August 8th 14, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

She's eating her r/x dry kibble right now! I sprinkled some Barley Cat
on it; it's just ground dried barley leaves. She's always liked the
taste of it. I tried that when she was off her feed and it didn't help.
Tonight it's working. :-D

I'll still make the appointment.

Jill

~~~~~~
That sounds great. Please keep us updated.

More purrs on the way.

MaryL

Old August 8th 14, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/7/2014 9:52 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...
She's eating her r/x dry kibble right now! I sprinkled some Barley Cat
on it; it's just ground dried barley leaves. She's always liked the
taste of it. I tried that when she was off her feed and it didn't help.
Tonight it's working. :-D

I'll still make the appointment.

Jill

~~~~~~
That sounds great. Please keep us updated.

More purrs on the way.

MaryL

This morning she's back to not eating. I didn't hear her crunching
any k/d during the night, either. So I opened a can of chicken packed
in water. She drank the juice and had a couple of bites of the chicken
but that's all.

I called the vet; they are completely booked today. I'll be taking her
in tomorrow morning at 8:30. She/we desperately needs the purrs to
continue!

Jill