whose bed is it anyway?

Old April 8th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default whose bed is it anyway?

DH is away for 3 weeks for work, so last night was the first of
several nights of just me, Spock and Persephone. We have a king size
bed, but since Persephone, in particular, likes to snuggle up close it
sometimes gets a little squeezy in the bed. Usually, with both me and
DH there, the cats arrange themselves between us and don't move about
too much.

Last night was a typically autumn (fall) night in Sydney (Australia) -
cool, but not cold. Cool enough to put on a light sweater, but not
cold enough to consider lighting the fire. Cool enough for kitties to
want to snuggle close, but not so cold that they wanted to be under
the covers.

I should have known. I should have predicted it. I have lived with
cats all my life and have been well trained about who gets priority
bed-space. But, as naive as I am, I was still suprised when I woke up
this morning sleeping crammed up against the bedhead sideways (across
the width of the bed) whilst two very contented kitties were
streeeeetched out on the rest of the bed, having hogged (pinned down)
most of the bedding!

*sigh* I now know my place.

Tish

Old April 8th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

LOL! This is similar to how I found myself this morning - hanging on to
the edge of the bed, freezing without covers while Mir and Cal were
stretched out in the middle of the bed. How can two such small creatures
take up so much space?

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 8th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:55:11 +1000, Tish Silberbauer wrote:

[...]

And you must be a very sound sleeper! MLB

Old April 8th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:

I should have known. I should have predicted it. I have lived with
cats all my life and have been well trained about who gets priority
bed-space. But, as naive as I am, I was still suprised when I woke up
this morning sleeping crammed up against the bedhead sideways (across
the width of the bed) whilst two very contented kitties were
streeeeetched out on the rest of the bed, having hogged (pinned down)
most of the bedding!

I think this excerpt from one of those "rules for cats" things that
often circulate on the net would be appropriate he

"I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry
about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to
ensure your comfort. Look at videos of cats sleeping; they can
actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep
perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent
possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having
tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing
but sarcasm."

Joyce

Old April 8th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Tish Silberbauer wrote:

[...]

Kayla the pup is good at this. When she is in her crate (which really is
getting too small) she will lie on her back and sprawl and act miserable
because she is so crowded. Then when she thinks I'm not watching she will
curl up in the back third of the crate and sleep like a baby.

Jake sleeps on his back with all four paws out in the middle of the bed like
most bed hog cats. Until we go to sleep. Then he puts his front paws
against me and back paws against Charlie and pushes to see who he can push
out of bed first.

Jo

Old April 8th 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

Everyone knows, cats can expand to fill the space available. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 8th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

It's the law as handed down by the Mothership. If you try to roll over and
get more room on the other side, they have to move, too.

Jill