WHOA!! April "GOTCHA!"

Old April 6th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default WHOA!! April "GOTCHA!"

Kreisleriana wrote:

The "April GOTCHA!" is my dad's name for an April snowstorm,
particularly one that hits after the switch to daylight-savings, after
the daffodils are up, and after we've had a few balmy days to lull us
into a false sense of security. And that's what's happening now. I
cannot believe the amount of snow that has fallen here in the past two
hours! And the wind!! It looks solid white outside. The cats are
dumbfounded, and so am I!

One consolation you can take, though, is that this snow won't stay on
the ground very long, probably not long enough to become all gritty from
dirt and car exhaust. (That's one thing I used to hate about snow.)

Joyce - enjoying the first sunny day in weeks!!
Old April 6th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:06:52 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"pistor" wrote in message
oups.com...
Marina wrote:
Daffodils??? hysterical laughter It's been snowing here the last 3-4
days!

Our little tomato plants have fruit now.

Victor, who will be very jealous of y'all northerners come June.

And will be begging to move in with a northerner come August! ;

Oh guys, not here. New York summers are pretty disgusting. The
winters are generally not as bad as farther north, but the summers are
almost as bad as farther south.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 6th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Victor, who will be very jealous of y'all northerners come June.

And will be begging to move in with a northerner come August! ;

Oh guys, not here. New York summers are pretty disgusting. The
winters are generally not as bad as farther north, but the summers are
almost as bad as farther south.

Depends on WHERE in New York you are. I spent three years living in
Syracuse, NY, and believe me, it's known as Siberacuse for a reason!
They are known for 9 months of winter and 3 months of damn poor skiing.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old April 6th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:41:55 +0000, mlbriggs wrote:

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:19:13 +0300, Marina wrote:

Kreisleriana wrote:

The "April GOTCHA!" is my dad's name for an April snowstorm,
particularly one that hits after the switch to daylight-savings, after
the daffodils are up, and after we've had a few balmy days to lull us
into a false sense of security. And that's what's happening now. I
cannot believe the amount of snow that has fallen here in the past two
hours! And the wind!! It looks solid white outside. The cats are
dumbfounded, and so am I!

Daffodils??? hysterical laughter It's been snowing here the last 3-4 days!

My daffodils and hyacinths are in full bloom -- gorgeous. Today we have
thunder and rain. I hope it doesn't turn to snow (It usually does) and
breaks the lovely flowers down. MLB

Today we have a snow storm -- goodbye daffys! MLB

Old April 9th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default WHOA!! April

We were supposed to get a big snowstorm yesterday but only got about 5
inches. It was very wet and heavy - like cement. A lot has melted
already with 40 degree temperatures and intermittent sun.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Ours was gone within an hour or two. I'm northwest of Boston (half hour).
Suz&Spicey

- travel April.pdf (0/1) Our Travel Plans - April Dave Gerecke Cat anecdotes 1 March 12th 06 11:02 PM
4 cat night in late April! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 16 April 29th 05 03:36 AM
The big April blizzard CATherine Cat anecdotes 4 April 12th 05 10:15 PM
April 4 (OT) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 April 5th 05 09:52 PM
Sayy da 'Venture Cat update for April 2 Sammy da 'Venture Kitten Cat community 9 April 8th 04 03:44 PM