Purrs for Marmalade please

Old October 24th 12, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

Default Purrs for Marmalade please

Remember Marmalade the rescue cat? I just got this email. PLEASE purr
for him.

John, I'm very sorry for my delayed reply. I wanted to have better
news.

The adopter let Marmalade out the very first night -- despite the fact
that the Cats Alive adoption coordinator, as well as myself, had told
him repeatedly that he was NOT to let Marmalade out for two weeks. The
man said he would follow our instructions, then didn't.

As soon as I heard (the next morning), I went searching, along with my
husband, the coordinator, and a neighbour with her dog who does
tracking of lost cats and dogs. We posted notices on the mailbox
notice boards and in the village, talked to all the neighbours in the
area, and have gone back several times (I was there searching
yesterday, again with the tracking dog). We have also posted on the
Gabriola community board, on Facebook, which has over 1,000 members.
So far, we have had no luck.

I did put a blue collar on Marmalade, so he is quite distinctive
(there are a number of "stray" cats on Gabriola). The area where he
disappeared is densely populated, by Gabriola standards. I remain
hopeful, especially as he was an indoor/outdoor cat before, so he has
some familiarity with being outside. There is a reasonably good
possibility that someone has taken him in and has simply not notified
our PetFind service or Cats Alive (apparently, quite a lot of people
do that). The next step is to put a colour ad in the two local weekly
papers. If someone has adopted him, and he is safe and happy, that's
fine, but we need to know. So I'll make that clear in the ads.

I am so sorry, John. I have felt utterly sick about this ever since it
happened. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people that they
won't follow simple, common-sense instructions for the sake of the
cat. It's infuriating and depressing.

Old October 24th 12, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

All of us here are sending our best GYFBH purrs.

Old October 24th 12, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_8_]

Same here.

Mosey, Meowy, PookyKat, Sqweex , Pipps and our Mom Kyla who is saying
prayers for Marmalade to get his FBH ASAP and to
stop worrying people.

Old October 26th 12, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_5_]

Purrs for Marmalade to either be found or to have already found
a good new home for himself.
People, humpfff.
Anti Sylvia

Old November 13th 12, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^ ..^=

Default UPDATE? Purrs for Marmalade please

Did Marmalade ever git hiz furry butt home safe?

Mosey for his house --all still purring

Old November 13th 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

No word yet Mosey!

"Sylvia M" wrote in message ...

Purrs for Marmalade to either be found or to have already found
a good new home for himself.
People, humpfff.
Anti Sylvia

.. .