Buffy's Hiding Off and On

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8th 21, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy's Hiding Off and On

Buffy has started hiding again, off and on. In the last day or so she
has started fighting me giving her the liquid pain medication. She did
sleep with me last night but when I got up this morning to dish up her
food, fresh water, etc. she got off the bed and hid on the chair under
the dining table. I went about getting ready for work. While I was in
the shower she came out and ate half the food, then went back up on the
chair again.

I know it's uncomfortable if I have to force her mouth open. I wish,
wish, wish! she could understand the cause and effect: she feels a heck
of a lot better within minutes if she simply opens her mouth a tiny bit
without my having to wrangle with her and touch the sore spot on her
jaw. It takes *one* second to squirt the medication in her mouth.

I picked up refills of the medication after work today. They want to
see her again on June 18th. If she continues in this vein I'm afraid
that Friday appointment could be her last.

Jill