MEOW!!! Misty Arrives at the Jellicle Ball

Old October 13th 19, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default MEOW!!! Misty Arrives at the Jellicle Ball

[Misty opens one of her yellow-gold eyes. Bobcat is snoring away in one of his frequent naps. Misty saunters out to the closed door of the Computer Room.]

"Silly Bobcat!! Thinks he can keep ME out of the Computer Room. Good thing the Moon is *almost* Full. He keeps forgetting that I come into my Power on *every* Full Moon Night."

[Misty closes her eyes and disappears and then reappears on the other side of the door and now inside the Computer Room. She springs up to the "Captain's Chair" and pulls out the the Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard, and then types in her SECRET Hot Key combo. Suddenly in the middle of the room her Teleporter appears. It barely fits.]

Hummmmm. I forgot the rooms in this new apartment are much smaller than they were in the old apartment. Oh well it fits none the less.

[Misty springs into the Teleporter and brings up the cat sized computer Keyboard and taps in a request for the co-ordinates for Big Cedar Lodge in the Ozark mountains. Presto!! She next sets the Long. and Lat. co-ordinates and then hits Start/Enter. The Teleporter comes to life and suddenly -- POOF!!! Suddenly she is in the Ozark Mountains. She powers down the Teleporter and sets it to Cloak. She opens the door and is immediately greeted by the smell of Pine and FRESH AIR!!! The twinkle off the water of a nearby lake can be seen.]

"At last. For ONCE the Catmittee chose a decent place to hold the Ball. True, no cultural museums or book stores, or other intriguing places to visit, but Bast!! You can't beat this place for relaxation!!"

[Misty jumps out of the teleporter and waves a paw to close to the door and then chants an old spell to SEAL the door from all intruders who might accidentally run into the cloaked teleporter.]

"Humans. Most can't be trusted, but in the Ozarks they might still actually still create Moonshine. "Moonshine" -- How ironic, Misty thinks, for the "Mistress of the Night", whose powers are derived from, the MOON!!"

[With that Misty heads off to where some lights and sound are emanating from to see who is here already that she might know from Balls gone by, as well as to lend a paw with last minute decorating that always have to be done]..
Old October 13th 19, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:

[...]

Daisy-chan sees Misty and gives her a big hug.

"Misty, could you do me a favor? I need some help. As you know, we
always light our candle, a glow stick here for fire safety, as a loved
one's name is read. I can't though as ALL of the kittahs are just as
important. Could you lite these 2 as extras for me? You'll know when
as you hear the names. Rebbeca did this for me when Aunti Mabel was
called. I know with your majic, you can even if you need 3 paws so as
to handle one of your own."

Old October 14th 19, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 7:32:21 AM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
wrote:

[...]

"It is so good to see you again Daisy-chan. You only need 2 extras?!? Are you SURE?!? Fire magic -- including chemical reactions found in glow sticks -- is the first thing you learn to master. I'm going to make it easy for you. Here is a box of 21 -- just in case some cat bums one or two from you. Unlike the traditional glow stick where you have to snap and shake the stick to create the chemical glow, these just need a warm paw and a sincere thought or prayer to produce an instantaneous glow, and good for 4 hours. It is bright enough to show you a path if need be. You have a choice of Bright Blue, Fluorescent Green, Phosphor White, plus 2 Phosphor Red ones as well. Use the Phosphor Red ONLY as a signal and you need HELP."
Old October 14th 19, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

wrote:

[...]

Bless you Misty for your help. I had to read Cash and Iowna this year.
I doubt anyone but me would have noticed a special light wasn't lit for
them at the time of reading, but I would have.