Got a Vet Appointment!

Old June 25th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Got a Vet Appointment!

Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy all
have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have diarrhea, they
all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have several varieties of
parasites. They probably won't get their vaccinations today since they're
all sick - so there will probably be lots of check-up visits after this one.

Please purr for a sack of money to fall on my head some time today!??!! ;

Seriously, though, purrs, purr-ayers and good thoughts for them to all get
well quickly would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old June 25th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy
all have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have
diarrhea, they all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have
several varieties of parasites.

How can the shelter release them this way? This is a huge burden for you.

Old June 25th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy
all have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have
diarrhea, they all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have
several varieties of parasites.

How can the shelter release them this way? This is a huge burden for you.

It's not a public shelter - it's a no-kill rescue group. They have almost
no resources - their only cage space is in the middle of PetsMart (which
donates the cages space only - no other food, medicine, or supplies). When
the cats are not at PetsMart they are being fostered by volunteers (some of
the volunteers have as many as 30 at a time). They rely on volunteers to
take care of the cats and rely on donations to buy food, medicine, and
supplies.

At this time of year (kitten season) they are simply overwhelmed. They only
charged me $100 for all three cats (their normal charge is $85 per cat but,
again, at this time of year they're so happy to just find a home for a cat
that they were making deals). That $100 wouldn't even pay for the
spaying/neutering I'd have to get, so I really don't feel cheated.

I knew what I was getting into before I ever agreed to take them (every cat
there had the sneezes/sniffles/runny eyes). As contagious as URIs are, and
as packed in and overcrowded as the cats were, it would be a miracle if any
of the cats *DIDN'T* share bugs and viruses (virii??).

Ben and I will just tighten our belts and eat the cost - they will be *SO*
worth it in the long run! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 25th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

Make sure you ask for a multi cat discount for bringing them all in at once.
Every little bit helps.

Celeste

;

Old June 26th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 25 Jun, 16:32, "CatNipped" wrote:
Dr. French will be able to see us at 6PM today. Tayla, Archer, and Ozzy all
have URIs (Ozzy's is bad, he hacks constantly), they all have diarrhea, they
all have ear mites, and I'm pretty sure they all have several varieties of
parasites. They probably won't get their vaccinations today since they're
all sick - so there will probably be lots of check-up visits after this one.

Please purr for a sack of money to fall on my head some time today!??!! ;

Seriously, though, purrs, purr-ayers and good thoughts for them to all get
well quickly would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters hehttp://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/