Why Hello There!

Old August 4th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat

Default Why Hello There!

Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade. (When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have been
6 last month)

Pam! I was glad to read Rob came off hospice earlier this year. I read
the newsgroup about twice a month and those six months worried me. I
think he'll surprise us again with these latest MRI results. It's been
too long since I talked to you on the phone, we need to change
that!

Mutt's still plugging along, she'll be 12 at the end of this month.
She's not as active as she was four years ago, but she's still pretty
danged energetic.

Jody had a change of job duties earlier this month. Dad sold our
family business to a larger company and became a subsidiary. Short
term isn't as wonderful as it was being self-employed, but hey, we
have a nest egg. That's always nice.

Ian keeps me on my toes. I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder
but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic
attack that OMG he could have gotten hurt, take a xanax and we move
on. (I really do say that tongue in cheek. It's that bad but the panic
attacks are less than they were six months ago.)

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed. Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

Gracecat
Old August 4th 08, 08:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Gracecat" wrote in message
[...]

It's great to hear from you, Grace! I can't believe Abi is that old!

Purrs and hugs,

Joy

Old August 4th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Gracecat wrote:
Been a while, how is everybody?

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Grace}}}}}}}}}}}

It's good to read from you again!

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Wow... time flies by.

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade. (When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have been
6 last month)

Now I feel old... ;-)

but it's temporary. Ian has no fear and I have too much fear. For now
whenever he manages a *******-toddler trick, I have my little panic

That funny. Not the panic part, the toddler trick.

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed. Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

I just hope we get some rain out of it!

Cheers and don't be a stranger.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 4th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Aug 3, 11:38�pm, Gracecat wrote:
[...]

Gracie! Its so wonderful hearing from you. Time flies a bit faster
each year.
Suz&Spicey
Old August 4th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Gracecat wrote:
[...]

Good to see you again, Ian sounds great, other people's kids are so
entertaining at that age. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 4th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

[...]

I have been thinking about you! Ian sounds like a handful! Is he a
climber?
My boy was at 2. OMG. There's no way I could keep up with one now.
So Abi is a little lady now. Is she more like a sister to Ian, or a
"second mom"?
Either way, I know she's proud of him whether she admits it all the
time or not. :-)
I think about Eve too; every time I think about you.
I'm just so glad to hear things sound well with your family. Don't be
a stranger.
Sherry
Old August 4th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Gracecat wrote:
Been a while, how is everybody?

((((((((Grace!))))))))

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old August 4th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"Gracecat" wrote in message
Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade.
(When I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would
have been 6 last month)

Gracecat

It's great to hear from you, Grace! I can't believe Abi is that old!

Purrs and hugs,

Joy

(Sorry to piggyback but I still have some domains blocked, at least until
school is back in session.) Good to hear things are going well, Grace!
Sounds like you have your hands full.

Jill

Old August 4th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Gracecat" wrote in message
Been a while, how is everybody?

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade. (When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have been
6 last month)

Pam! I was glad to read Rob came off hospice earlier this year. I read
the newsgroup about twice a month and those six months worried me. I
think he'll surprise us again with these latest MRI results. It's been
too long since I talked to you on the phone, we need to change
that!

Thanks Girlfriend, Rob was very pleased to get off hospice. We go in a week
from today to get another MRI done and then we see if and how much the
tumors have grown. Mike leaves Saturday/early Sunday to work at Disney
World in Orlando. He'll really be cleaning up down there. Abi is quite the
young lady isn't she. How does she like school? Glad to see that Ian is
growing so big. He must be a hand full and a half at his age. I'd like to
say that they grow out of it, but that wouldn't be necessarily the truth.

I think about you a lot. You are a special and valued member of my internet
family.

Pam S.

Old August 4th 08, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Gracecat" wrote in message
Been a while, how is everybody?

Well hello back atcha - it certainly has been a while. I swear I was just
thinking about you last week (I was sort of mentally reviewing all the "old
timers" who had posted here that I hadn't heard from in a while).

(Cheryl, how are you hon? I've thought about you recently.)

Ian turned two las... two months ago. (Had to think)

My gosh, already!??

Abi got her ears pierced yesterday and is entering fifth grade. (When
I came here, she was two years old. For reference, Eve would have been
6 last month)

Dang, it doesn't seem that long. It's hard to imagine her going into fifth
grade - they grow up *so* darn fast.

[...]

I can't say I understand, that would be way too presumtuous of me since I've
never been through the trauma you have. But it still makes my heart hurt to
know you're having to deal with that anxiety.

Purrs and prayers, (and doggy drool) where they're needed. Victor
and Lori, ya'll stay safe. Hopefully ya'll will be on the western side
of the bands. Looks like Alexandria, LA is going to get the eastern
side regardless. It's good to have a generator, and an RV

Gracecat

I've heard it's going to be a category 1 hurricane when it hits the coast,
and Houston is a bit inland, so I don't think we'll get more than some
severe storms. I worry more about MaryL and others who are closer to the
coast than I am.

Purrs and prayers back to you - and please don't be such a stranger!

Chin Skritches,

CatNipped