Adrenaline in the Afternoon

Old May 3rd 04, 08:44 PM
Christine Burel

Default Adrenaline in the Afternoon

Hi all,

I just came home about an hour ago and found out that one of our "pet
screens" got pushed out and both Tucker and Midnight did a jailbreak. I was
just panicked -- ran outside and began calling and fortunately found Tucker
in our backyard within maybe 15 minutes. He came up to me and let me pet
him but hissed when I picked him up; he did not bite me, though. Midnight
gave me quite a scare -- I spent about 30 minutes calling up and down near
our house and talking to the neighbors and just hoped that Midnight would be
nearby. I talked to about 6 neighbors and then started to walk home to try
and get my thoughts together about how to proceed and, Midnight, (much less
black and definitely dust-covered) came trotting up. I gave her a cat treat
and picked her up -- she, too, was quite hissy (wonder why?) and I managed
to get her back inside. I am so grateful and relieved. (This would've
devastated Celeste.) Originally, I'd come home in hopes of taking a short
nap before I went to pick up my daughter from school; now the adrenaline's
a'flowin'. Glad I could report a happy ending.

tired and wired,
Christine

Old May 3rd 04, 10:08 PM
Hopitus2

Yeah, been there, done that. Last time BT Rowdy made a beeline for the great
outdoors, it was raining heavily and I just ran out after him w/o waiting to
find an umbrella.....luckily, he stopped to chomp some grass, getting soaked
while indulging, and was quite put out when I snatched up his fat butt and
the dripping two of us headed inside again. Maluce shoves the door open for
him (!) but never exits herself. You tell me they don't communicate. I
believe she thinks if she helps him escape he might wander off for
good......but of course Rowdy never goes far and knows where his kibbles is
coming from.

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
: Hi all,
:

Old May 3rd 04, 10:49 PM
lrulan

hooray for a happy ending all around. What a scare. Glad everything turned
out for the best. Hugs all around.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old May 3rd 04, 10:50 PM
Takayuki

"Christine Burel" wrote:

[...]

What a relief, finding both of them! They probably hissed because
they were scared. I think it was Eva Q. who said that cats don't
necessarily hiss because they're angry, but because they're
frightened.

Old May 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
TBird

Thank goodness your found them!

[...]

Must be going around....

Our front door doesn't latch properly and we don't use it much anyway. We
had a HUGE scare when we moved here and couldn't find Joe Kitty and the door
had been blown open. (Turns out he was sleeping about 10 feet from the door,
under a bunch of boxes. We found him about 45 tearful minutes calling up
and down the road.) So we keep that door closed and locked.

So today, for some unknown reason, my son comes looking for me via the front
door. I tell him to make sure it latches and lock it. Then I go around
back to work on some flower beds for a while. I come back around, the door
is wide open!

I went nuts.

Yelled at child (and felt bad) and made him locate both cats. They were
safe and sound. We have too many birds of prey and coyotes around here to
even entertain the idea of these to semi feral (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha can't
kill a mouse ha ha ha) cats playing outside.

TBird --- had a friend in the mountains who watched an owl swoop down,
grab, and carry his kitty away

Old May 4th 04, 12:41 AM
m. L. Briggs

Magpies go for the eyes.