Palliative Care

Old May 7th 21, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Palliative Care

Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks much
better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the weight
she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
"time" yet. whew!

She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until then).
Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the inflammation down
and keep her comfortable.

Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper jaw
being so close to the sinuses.

At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from typing.

Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working!

Jill
Old May 10th 21, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/10/2021 4:07 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Judith Latham
wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

I'm so pleased. I'll post this on FB. In the meantime you'd better stop
typing and give her all the cuddles she requires.

Judith

Hi Jill,

How is Buffy doing? How are you?

I copied your post to FB, here are the responses:-

Messages:-
patrick Califia - "My Best wishes for Buffy"
Mary Stormy Pletsch - "Continued Purrs"
Steve Touchstone - "Still Purring"
Kyla Waterman - Purring cat image
Julie Cook - "purrs"
Cheryl Daniels - "My crew is still purring as well"

Care emogi - Kristi Chong, Beverley Dunlop, Matthew Savage, Kyla Waterman,
Shirley Holland, Steve Touchstone, lena Westberg, Lucy Burr, Diane Welker,
Kim Peterson, Nancy Staight-Frantz.

Like emogi - June Kleinfelder, Kerrie Davis, Daniel Orzel, Brenda Watkins,
Suzanne Thompson, Gen Kiuchi, Denise Owen, Diane Mendenhall, Jeanette
Greaves.

Love emogi - patti Gilson Stott.

Hugs

Judith

Thank you, Judith. (Please extend my thanks again to everyone; I simply
don't like - or much trust - FB.)

Buffy seems to be feeling better. I stopped after work at a compounding
pharmacy to pick up the prednisone liquid the vet prescribed (chicken
flavour). She ate her breakfast of gooshy food while I was at work and
had a little snack of the dry food. I dished up some more wet food -
thank goodness she likes the prescription stuff so the bladder stone
isn't an issue anymore). I put a drop of the liquid medication on it.
She's too busy napping to eat right now but I feel sure she will.
She used her litterbox while I was gone and the output appears to be
getting back to normal.

She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain which is most important.

Jill

Pet Care Rick Farr Cat community 0 April 8th 06 07:17 PM
Cat-Care Tip: Matthew AKA NMR Cat anecdotes 1 April 4th 06 07:20 AM
try not to care a hen Elisa Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:05 AM
Pet care Marie Ann Cat health & behaviour 0 December 19th 04 10:49 PM