Cats & Ironing Boards do NOT Mix ;)

Old February 28th 05, 09:39 PM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default Cats & Ironing Boards do NOT Mix ;)

OK, I have a finished cross stitch that I am getting ready to frame. I have
pressed it and mounted it. I left the ironing board out while the iron
cooled.

Left the room to get my cutting board for the mat.

Sit down to check email while in the 'office'.

Hear a loud crash-bang-rattle, followed by a kitty stampede. I run toward
the kitchen (old house has huge kitchen, it's where I keep the ironing
stuff), and pass *3* terrified cats (actually, ten-month-old kittens),
heading in the opposite direction, with not only their tails fluffed, but it
looks like their entire *bodies* have been fluffed!

Ironing board is on it's side. Iron is on the floor, as is the dish towel
(or tea towel for you UK-ers), I used to protect the cross stitch from the
iron.

There are claw marks and two holes in the ironing board cover. Good thing I
bought a replacement cover for the ironing board a few months ago, but never
replaced the old one

One of the culprits is now pretending to be an innocent fur-covered
paperweight on my desktop, only way you can tell is the soft
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the movement of her sides as she breaths.

sigh

And so ends *my* excitement for the day...
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old February 28th 05, 09:59 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Oh no! poor kitties and poor you!

I'm babysitting today for my neighbor's 4 year old, plus my two (it is
school vacation week here in NH).

I've had lots of odd crashes!

Cheryl

Old February 28th 05, 10:12 PM
Gabey8

[[Hear a loud crash-bang-rattle, followed by a kitty stampede. I run toward
the kitchen (old house has huge kitchen, it's where I keep the ironing
stuff), and pass *3* terrified cats (actually, ten-month-old kittens),
heading in the opposite direction, with not only their tails fluffed, but
it looks like their entire *bodies* have been fluffed!]]

LMHO! My boys are also 10 months old. So I take it that it's
age-appropriate for them to be combatting ironing boards at this age?
Because a few weeks ago, somekitty (cough*CAPTAIN*cough) knocked over our
FOLDED ironing board, then came running and MRRRRRPing for me when I
headed to the basement to see what that crashing noise was.

Then he got all brave and started attacking the ironing board once I
picked it up.

Felines, lol. Comedians covered with fur. (Or demolition crews covered
with fur. Take your pick on any given day. ;o) )

Donna and the kitties who've given the Evil Ironing Board a wide berth
since it tipped over, Captain and Stanley

Old February 28th 05, 11:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:12:04 -0500, "Gabey8"
yodeled:

[[Hear a loud crash-bang-rattle, followed by a kitty stampede. I run toward
the kitchen (old house has huge kitchen, it's where I keep the ironing
stuff), and pass *3* terrified cats (actually, ten-month-old kittens),
heading in the opposite direction, with not only their tails fluffed, but
it looks like their entire *bodies* have been fluffed!]]

LMHO! My boys are also 10 months old. So I take it that it's
age-appropriate for them to be combatting ironing boards at this age?

Yes. That was about the age Stinky was when he did his aerialist act
on the top of the door. It was a scene worthy of a Tex Avery
cartoon-- his left feet planted on top of the door frame, right feet
on top of the door itself, and S-T-R-E-E-E-T-C-H-I-N-G away from each
other as the door swing away from the frame. Poor little lunatic.

Because a few weeks ago, somekitty (cough*CAPTAIN*cough) knocked over our
FOLDED ironing board, then came running and MRRRRRPing for me when I
headed to the basement to see what that crashing noise was.

Then he got all brave and started attacking the ironing board once I
picked it up.

Felines, lol. Comedians covered with fur. (Or demolition crews covered
with fur. Take your pick on any given day. ;o) )

Donna and the kitties who've given the Evil Ironing Board a wide berth
since it tipped over, Captain and Stanley

Theresa
Old February 28th 05, 11:17 PM
Cheryl

On Mon 28 Feb 2005 04:12:04p, Gabey8 wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
alkaboutpets.com)
:

Felines, lol. Comedians covered with fur. (Or demolition crews
covered with fur. Take your pick on any given day. ;o) )

Very true. Yesterday morning I had planned to sleep in because I had
to work Sat morning, and I *need* one day. Fed Shamrock on the
counter as usual so the kittens leave his food alone (this doesn't
work anymore since they are both all over the counters now) and
Shamrock in one of his less graceful moments missed the counter and
flailed at anything he could reach and his paws found the bowl. Not
smart. Hehehe. The bowl flung to the floor and shattered in a
bajillion pieces (Corell; aren't they supposed to be indestructable?)
and the next 1/2 hour or so was spent first trying to round up nosy
kittens and put them in my room while I cleaned up, and then sweeping
the floor and vaccuming the area about 5 times.

--
Cheryl
Old February 28th 05, 11:26 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-28, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:

Ironing board is on it's side. Iron is on the floor, as is the dish towel
(or tea towel for you UK-ers), I used to protect the cross stitch from the
iron.

There are claw marks and two holes in the ironing board cover. Good thing I
bought a replacement cover for the ironing board a few months ago, but never
replaced the old one

Hrm. Oscar's never even *seen* an ironing board. I wonder what she'd think
of it.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 1st 05, 12:59 AM
jmcquown

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
OK, I have a finished cross stitch that I am getting ready to frame.
I have pressed it and mounted it. I left the ironing board out while
the iron cooled.

Oh dear! I'm sure it scared the c*** out of them! Of course they were
innocent bystanders... ironing boards fall over by themselves all the time!

Jill

Old March 1st 05, 01:37 AM
jmcquown

On 2005-02-28, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:

Ironing board is on it's side. Iron is on the floor, as is the dish
towel (or tea towel for you UK-ers), I used to protect the cross
stitch from the iron.

There are claw marks and two holes in the ironing board cover. Good
thing I bought a replacement cover for the ironing board a few
months ago, but never replaced the old one

Hrm. Oscar's never even *seen* an ironing board. I wonder what
she'd think of it.

My ironing board hangs from the bedroom closet door. I just flip it down
and it hangs there off the floor ready to be used. Since Persia isn't a
"jumper" she doesn't even notice it. I recommend this type of board for
anyone with limited storage space.

Jill

Old March 1st 05, 02:12 AM
Magic Mood JeepŠ

jmcquown wrote:
Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
OK, I have a finished cross stitch that I am getting ready to frame.
I have pressed it and mounted it. I left the ironing board out while
the iron cooled.

Oh dear! I'm sure it scared the c*** out of them! Of course they
were innocent bystanders... ironing boards fall over by themselves
all the time!

Jill

Tell Persia to not fear, her dear Weebs was in the other room, and went
running *to* the clatter to see what had happened. He stopped short of the
kitchen when the three culprits exploded out through the door all puffed up.
Weebs had a "what da he-----?!?!?!" look on his face, but the culprits were
moving to fast for me to see their faces - all I could see were three rear
ends and three *very* puffy stripey-tails LOL

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old March 1st 05, 03:09 AM
Yowie

On 2005-02-28, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:

Ironing board is on it's side. Iron is on the floor, as is the dish

towel
(or tea towel for you UK-ers), I used to protect the cross stitch from

the
iron.

There are claw marks and two holes in the ironing board cover. Good

thing I
bought a replacement cover for the ironing board a few months ago, but

never
replaced the old one

Hrm. Oscar's never even *seen* an ironing board. I wonder what she'd

think
of it.

What is this "ironing board" of which you speak? ;-)

Yowie