Dental appointment

Old October 16th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Dental appointment

When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would need
cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in for his
dental. It's his first dental, but he's young and healthy, so everything
should go without problems. But being a Meowmie, I worry, of course.

We'll see what he weighs, too. I think he's slimmed down quite a bit,
and so says everyone who's visited during the autumn.

Old October 16th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Marina wrote:
When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would need
cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in for his
dental. It's his first dental, but he's young and healthy, so everything
should go without problems. But being a Meowmie, I worry, of course.

Lots of purrs, particularly on behalf of Luna, who had a dental a few
weeks ago.

Let us know.

Victor

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old October 16th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-10-15 21:49:06 -0500, Marina said:

When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would need
cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in for his
dental. It's his first dental, but he's young and healthy, so
everything should go without problems. But being a Meowmie, I worry, of
course.

We'll see what he weighs, too. I think he's slimmed down quite a bit,
and so says everyone who's visited during the autumn.

He seems young to need a dental! Purrs for all to go well.

Old October 16th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Marina wrote:
When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would need
cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in for his
dental. It's his first dental, but he's young and healthy, so everything
should go without problems. But being a Meowmie, I worry, of course.

We'll see what he weighs, too. I think he's slimmed down quite a bit,
and so says everyone who's visited during the autumn.

We're thinking of him. I know its a worry, even though he's young and
healthy.

Chester would like to know what Caliban's secret is. He likes being
fluffy but can't quite get through the railings at the front of the
house anymore ;-)

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old October 16th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jbhajos

Default UPDATE Dental appointment

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:23:33 +0300, Marina wrote:

The teeth cleaning went well. His home now and still woozy, poor boy.

Ah, yes, these dentals!! Glad he came through well. Last year, we took
Hobo in for checkup and cleaning. We left him there and went home, where
we got a call later. Hobo was ready to be put under when our
ultra-cautious vet checked his vitals and found something new - some
kidney dysfunction. Vet decided it was too risky to anesthetize him due
to his age (15), diabetes, *and* kidney problem, so did nothing. About
three weeks ago, we noticed bad breath getting worse and whisked him in to
the vet. After a year of inattention and festering, full-blown infection.
Still risky for anesthesia but he was between a rock and a hard place
and it had to be taken care of. We opted for the surgery, were in agony
of worrying if he'd wake up, but he came through fine, lost three teeth,
endured painkillers and antibiotics for a few days, and cost over $700 for
a procedure that could have cost a lot less and been more pain-free for
him if done a year ago!! Arrrgh!!

Jeanne
Old October 16th 07, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Marina" wrote

When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would need
cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in for his
dental.

Purrs for my Chapter 05 colleague to have a trouble-free dental.

I got checked out in the spring but dint need any toofwork

Fraternal greetings

Claudius
Emperor of Home
Purresident HK Chapter '05

As dictated to the hoomin - he & the other assorted life-forms send their
best wishes too

Old October 16th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
When Caliban got his shots in the spring, TED said his teeth would
need cleaning at some point. So, today is the day I take Caliban in
for his dental. It's his first dental, but he's young and healthy, so
everything should go without problems. But being a Meowmie, I worry,
of course.
We'll see what he weighs, too. I think he's slimmed down quite a bit,
and so says everyone who's visited during the autumn.

Purrs for Caliban and his worried meowmie.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 16th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Caliban has a new nickname: SLIM!! Slim weighed 4.99 kg (11 lbs) today,
while he weighed 6.4 (14 lbs) in April. I'm so proud of my boy! The diet
really worked out for him.

But then they tried to pawn off some dry food on me - a 1.5-kg bag free
sample - to 'maintain' his weight. I managed to keep my cool and just
say I don't want to feed my cats dry food. The diet was successful on
mainly raw meat, and that's how we are going to continue.

The teeth cleaning went well. His home now and still woozy, poor boy.
Still, he tries to jump up on chairs and tables, and he absolutely had
to jump up on the counter and oversee me as I cooked my dinner. His eyes
are slightly crossed, but he can't let Meowmie cook her food without his
help. Poor baby.

Old October 16th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Marina wrote:
Caliban has a new nickname: SLIM!! Slim weighed 4.99 kg (11 lbs)
today, while he weighed 6.4 (14 lbs) in April. I'm so proud of my
boy! The diet really worked out for him.

But then they tried to pawn off some dry food on me - a 1.5-kg bag
free sample - to 'maintain' his weight. I managed to keep my cool and
just say I don't want to feed my cats dry food. The diet was
successful on mainly raw meat, and that's how we are going to
continue.
The teeth cleaning went well. His home now and still woozy, poor boy.
Still, he tries to jump up on chairs and tables, and he absolutely had
to jump up on the counter and oversee me as I cooked my dinner. His
eyes are slightly crossed, but he can't let Meowmie cook her food
without his help. Poor baby.

I'm so glad all went well, he'll be back to his old self in a few hours.