Ohmygawd!

Old March 13th 05, 02:28 PM
CatNipped

Default Ohmygawd!

You all heard what happened with Bandit getting burned at the vet - well,
the problem was even worse.

This morning when I was petting her I noticed matted hair on her back by her
tail. I got out the wire brush to get the mat out and her hair came out in
a huge clump. A patch of skin about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long was
laid bare and I could see she had been burned there also!!!! It didn't look
*nearly* as bad as the one on her belly - it was just where her skin had
peeled (like when you get a bad sunburn) and the underlayer was raw like a
bad scrape. It's not infected, probably because of the Clavamox she's been
taking since Monday night, but *OHMYGAWD*!!!

I put a heavy layer of Silvadine on it, and I think it should be OK without
having to take her to the ER.

More purrs for my poor baby would be greatly appreciated!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 13th 05, 02:37 PM
badwilson

CatNipped wrote:
You all heard what happened with Bandit getting burned at the vet -
well, the problem was even worse.

This morning when I was petting her I noticed matted hair on her

back
by her tail. I got out the wire brush to get the mat out and her
hair came out in a huge clump. A patch of skin about 1/2 inch wide
and 2 inches long was laid bare and I could see she had been burned
there also!!!! It didn't look *nearly* as bad as the one on her
belly - it was just where her skin had peeled (like when you get a
bad sunburn) and the underlayer was raw like a bad scrape. It's not
infected, probably because of the Clavamox she's been taking since
Monday night, but *OHMYGAWD*!!!

I put a heavy layer of Silvadine on it, and I think it should be OK
without having to take her to the ER.

More purrs for my poor baby would be greatly appreciated!

Geez, that really sucks. Poor Bandit. You should tell the vet next
time you see her or maybe even call her. Purrs for Bandit.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old March 13th 05, 02:39 PM
CatNipped

"badwilson" wrote in message

Geez, that really sucks. Poor Bandit. You should tell the vet next
time you see her or maybe even call her. Purrs for Bandit.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Yeah, I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure I should keep putting the
Silvadine on it or leave it to dry out.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 13th 05, 02:56 PM
Helen Wheels

CatNipped wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message

Geez, that really sucks. Poor Bandit. You should tell the vet next
time you see her or maybe even call her. Purrs for Bandit.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Yeah, I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure I should keep putting the
Silvadine on it or leave it to dry out.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Poor old Bandit. Purrs for her to be healed soon.
Old March 13th 05, 03:05 PM
Kilikini

CatNipped wrote:
You all heard what happened with Bandit getting burned at the vet -
well, the problem was even worse.

This morning when I was petting her I noticed matted hair on her back
by her tail. I got out the wire brush to get the mat out and her
hair came out in a huge clump. A patch of skin about 1/2 inch wide
and 2 inches long was laid bare and I could see she had been burned
there also!!!! It didn't look *nearly* as bad as the one on her
belly - it was just where her skin had peeled (like when you get a
bad sunburn) and the underlayer was raw like a bad scrape. It's not
infected, probably because of the Clavamox she's been taking since
Monday night, but *OHMYGAWD*!!!

I put a heavy layer of Silvadine on it, and I think it should be OK
without having to take her to the ER.

More purrs for my poor baby would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, I'm so sorry! Is she acting okay or is she kind of down?

kili

Old March 13th 05, 03:14 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:28:14 GMT, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

You all heard what happened with Bandit getting burned at the vet - well,
the problem was even worse.

This morning when I was petting her I noticed matted hair on her back by her
tail. I got out the wire brush to get the mat out and her hair came out in
a huge clump. A patch of skin about 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long was
laid bare and I could see she had been burned there also!!!! It didn't look
*nearly* as bad as the one on her belly - it was just where her skin had
peeled (like when you get a bad sunburn) and the underlayer was raw like a
bad scrape. It's not infected, probably because of the Clavamox she's been
taking since Monday night, but *OHMYGAWD*!!!

I put a heavy layer of Silvadine on it, and I think it should be OK without
having to take her to the ER.

More purrs for my poor baby would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, poor Bandit!! You've been through so much! Big purrs still
coming.

Theresa
Old March 13th 05, 04:04 PM
Lisa Katt

Lots and lots and lots of purrs for poor Bandit!
Hope this is the last of this.
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old March 13th 05, 04:15 PM
L. (usenetlyn)

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a skin lesion from a matt to me. If a matt stays on
the skin too long it actually will make a sore, which can easily get
infected. They can look like burns or scrapes.

Hope she's feeling better soon!

-L.