Persia Tales: Patches of Sunshine

Old September 5th 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia Tales: Patches of Sunshine

My sweet little girl always did seek out patches of sunshine.

The apartmment where I lived in Tennessee (when Persia demanded she move
in with me) wasn't particularly a bright, sunlit place. I did open the
blinds to the sliding patio doors when I left for work so she'd have
some sunlight and "cat TV". I fed the birds and she loved watching and
chattering at them.

But otherwise there were only two windows in the apartment. I'd raise
the blinds every day to let in what light there was. Persia would sit
in the front window in the afternoon and wait for me to get home.

For a number of years she had a 'Kitty Walk' enclosure. I'd sit outside
with her and read. I'd talk with her while she chattered at the birds
and squirrels who dared to come near. (Some of those birds were pretty
bold!)

I had been feeding wild birds since before Persia came to live with me.
That's why she was in an outdoor enclosure. I digress...

I miss seeing Persia seek out all the sunshine puddles. There were
always lots of them here in this, her final home.

When the sun shone a nice wwrm puddle through the dining room window
onto the rug this afternoon, I thought, "Persia would have *loved* to
take a nap in that."

Jill
Old September 5th 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:54:45 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

[...]

I own my house because my apartment didn't have sunlight, and Nico and
Busky never got to lie in patches of sunlight. So when the opportunity
came to buy my friend's house when he moved, I did it very much with
the idea that at least the boys would finally have sunlight. I quickly
fenced in the backyard, and they could even go outside. They've both
long ago passed over the Bridge, but I'm still in the house and the
current cat population has no idea that Nico and Bushky are the reason
that they have a yard to play in.

Persia Loves the Sunshine! (pic) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 February 25th 14 11:21 PM
Persia loves the sunshine jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 November 2nd 11 12:27 AM
Persia in a Puddle of Sunshine jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 16th 11 09:16 AM
Patches pic Cheryl Cat anecdotes 10 January 1st 09 11:24 PM
gibberish and patches Jean H Cat anecdotes 1 September 23rd 03 02:56 AM