I have an "appointment" at 1:30 Central Time

Old December 15th 04, 05:09 PM
jmcquown

Default I have an "appointment" at 1:30 Central Time

Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the web
site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a stable
placement company. I called and left him a message and also emailed a
reply.

The guy called me back within 30 minutes. He had to go meet a client
(laughing - it's lunchtime in U.S. Eastern time so either he's lunching with
the client or he just wanted to eat lunch!). He's going to call me back at
1:30 Central time to discuss the position. No fees on my end; the client
pays all placement fees.

I'm *not* getting my hopes up. I've had so little luck with anything, even
jobs in shops. But I sure could use some purrs!

Jill

Old December 15th 04, 05:58 PM
Julie Cook

Mega job purrs headed your way over the next several hours, Jill.
Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and Sam

Old December 15th 04, 06:47 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:09:36 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the web
site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a stable
placement company. I called and left him a message and also emailed a
reply.

The guy called me back within 30 minutes. He had to go meet a client
(laughing - it's lunchtime in U.S. Eastern time so either he's lunching with
the client or he just wanted to eat lunch!). He's going to call me back at
1:30 Central time to discuss the position. No fees on my end; the client
pays all placement fees.

I'm *not* getting my hopes up. I've had so little luck with anything, even
jobs in shops. But I sure could use some purrs!

Jill

Looking at my clock (Eastern time), you got about 45 minutes -- so
here are some timely purrs heading your way!

Ginger-lyn

Old December 15th 04, 07:29 PM
Yoj

Purrs and crossed paws!

--
Joy

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter (or Summer) Solstice,
Hogmanay and New Year! In case that didn't cover it, Season's
Greetings!

. ..

Old December 15th 04, 07:37 PM
Bob M

jmcquown wrote:

Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the web
site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a stable
placement company. I called and left him a message and also emailed a
reply.

The guy called me back within 30 minutes. He had to go meet a client
(laughing - it's lunchtime in U.S. Eastern time so either he's lunching with
the client or he just wanted to eat lunch!). He's going to call me back at
1:30 Central time to discuss the position. No fees on my end; the client
pays all placement fees.

I'm *not* getting my hopes up. I've had so little luck with anything, even
jobs in shops. But I sure could use some purrs!

Jill

Purrs that you'll get the job. Please keep us informed.

Bob
Old December 15th 04, 07:51 PM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:09:36 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the web
site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a stable
placement company. I called and left him a message and also emailed a
reply.

The guy called me back within 30 minutes. He had to go meet a client
(laughing - it's lunchtime in U.S. Eastern time so either he's lunching with
the client or he just wanted to eat lunch!). He's going to call me back at
1:30 Central time to discuss the position. No fees on my end; the client
pays all placement fees.

I'm *not* getting my hopes up. I've had so little luck with anything, even
jobs in shops. But I sure could use some purrs!

Ji

Sending strong purrs. MLB

Old December 15th 04, 08:56 PM
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:

Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the web
site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a stable
placement company. I called and left him a message and also emailed a
reply.

I really, really hope you get the job! The software QA market right
now is good, I think. I have a friend who is in manufacturing QA, and
he can't find work, but the people I know who are in software QA are
getting offers left and right. I think there is a lot of room there
for advancement too, if you happen to pick up formal SQA processes.

Old December 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Sir Weeble Wobblybottom

jmcquown wrote:
Might have gotten a bite on a job for QA Testing. I usually disregard
emails which result from my posting my resume. But I checked out the
web site after reading the local job info he sent me; looks like a
stable placement company. I called and left him a message and also
emailed a reply.

The guy called me back within 30 minutes. He had to go meet a client
(laughing - it's lunchtime in U.S. Eastern time so either he's
lunching with the client or he just wanted to eat lunch!). He's
going to call me back at 1:30 Central time to discuss the position.
No fees on my end; the client pays all placement fees.

I'm *not* getting my hopes up. I've had so little luck with
anything, even jobs in shops. But I sure could use some purrs!

Jill

I sure hope *my* Persia's Mommy finds a JOB so she can *my* Persia all the
shrimpies (or LOBSTER) she wants! I am purring my bestest (an my Mommy
would too, if she could purr). Mimi is purring, too, even though she
doesn't feel good. And Ernie won't *stop* purring!

Sir Weeble

Old December 15th 04, 10:46 PM
polonca12000

Purrs for a great job for you, Jill,