Purrs Please! [OT]

Old December 27th 05, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs Please! [OT]

I mentioned a few weeks back that I had two root canals (I had to go to the
oral surgeon because I have crooked roots). When the oral surgeon was
removing a root he broke off the end of a file in my tooth and left it
there. He told me that he had already rinsed the root out twice with bleach
so it probably wouldn't give me any trouble, but that if I did have any
trouble I could come back and he would fix it for free (OK, if it was
fixable why didn't he just fix it then - I'm guessing it's because he had
already been working on me for 4 hours and had another appointment). I have
not had any problems with it until today when that tooth started hurting.

What I don't get is this - when I went to my regular dentist to have the
temporary filling replaced with a permanent filling on that tooth (until I
can afford to get the crowns done), he didn't even give me a shot of
Novocain before he started drilling since the root was gone. So why am I
now in pain, what is hurting?

Anyway, purrs that the pain goes away would be greatly appreciated. Even if
I don't have to pay for more work on the tooth, I don't want to go through
any more oral surgery (and I *would* have to pay my regular dentist to re-do
the permanent filling if the oral surgeon has to drill it out again - and
why can't the oral surgeon put in a permanent filling instead of a temporary
one???).

Oh well! Such is life - at least my life!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 27th 05, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old December 27th 05, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pain-easement purrs en route. Also a suggestion: a few drops of kava kave
tincture dribbled on the tooth will temporarily numb it. You can repeat the
treatment as often as needed.

Old December 27th 05, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message
Pain-easement purrs en route. Also a suggestion: a few drops of kava kave
tincture dribbled on the tooth will temporarily numb it. You can repeat
the treatment as often as needed.

Kava kave??! What is that and where would I get it?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 27th 05, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote

Kava kave??! What is that and where would I get it?

Sorry, I misspelled it, it's kava kava. It's a root that grows in the
tropics. Most larger health food stores stock the tincture or extract in
liquid form. If you're near a Wild Oats or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's,
someplace like that, you should find it there. Call first to be sure so you
don't waste gas.

Old December 27th 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote

Kava kave??! What is that and where would I get it?

Sorry, I misspelled it, it's kava kava. It's a root that grows in the
tropics. Most larger health food stores stock the tincture or extract in
liquid form. If you're near a Wild Oats or Whole Foods or Trader Joe's,
someplace like that, you should find it there. Call first to be sure so you
don't waste gas.

I've used it in dental situations including as a numbing agent prior to
getting an injection of lidocaine instead of that icky sweet stuff they swab
onto the gum and could not feel the needle. Most common use is to calm the
nerves without making you sleepy. That helps when driving to the dentist
too!

Old December 27th 05, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ah, dental work is never fun. We will purr and pray that you don't have to
go through anymore unnecessary work and that the pain goes away real soon.
But go to the dentist right away if the tooth still keeps hurting!
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 27th 05, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Dental pain relief purrs in mega-doses are on the way!
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old December 27th 05, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs on the way. Sounds to me that there's a possibility you're developing
an infection which could abscess...

Festive cheers, helen s

Old December 27th 05, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote in message
Pain-easement purrs en route. Also a suggestion: a few drops of kava kave
tincture dribbled on the tooth will temporarily numb it. You can repeat
the treatment as often as needed.

Kava kave??! What is that and where would I get it?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Clove oil has same effect. Over here in UK easily obtained OTC in any
pharmacy.

Cheers, helen s

Purrs from a purr-less Lisakatt Cat anecdotes 20 December 20th 05 10:39 PM
Purrs, please? JBHajos Cat anecdotes 37 December 16th 05 03:40 AM
[OT] More Ivan Purrs Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 39 September 15th 04 01:09 AM
[OT] Florida Purrs Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 51 September 12th 04 03:09 AM
[OT] Purrs for Russian kids Yowie Cat anecdotes 46 September 6th 04 12:57 AM