How many cats per litter box?

Old February 24th 05, 11:22 PM
Joe Canuck

Angela St.Aubin wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Angela St.Aubin wrote:

I dont see a problem with 2 cats sharing one litter box as long as it is
well taken care of.
I live in an apartment and there simply isn't anywhere to put a 2nd or

3rd.

Although, I would never ever consider having 3 for 2 cats.

I see two problems with two cats sharing a litter box...

Suppose they both have to go at the same time. Perhaps a rare event, but
still a possibility.

And what if the two cats don't exactly get along, but perhaps tolerate
each other. One or the other could find themselves either trapped inside
the box or prevented from using the litter box as the other one does
guard duty outside.

Ah ha, I lied! Third problem... suppose they each use the box within a
short period of time. Whether clumping or standard litter is used, it
could get a little messy.

I dont see any of those as problems at all.
I wouldn't have two cats that didn't get along to a degree enough for me to
feel safe with them sharing.
My cats are smart enough to hold it for 10 seconds, and I have in fact seen
2 at one time in there, but I dont know if they were just being silly or
both actually going. Again, if you have a smart owner, you would have a big
enough litter.
Also, the third one isn't an issue at all. I use clumping and clean it at
least once a day, usually twice. There is no problem having some extra ****
or urine in there when they use it again, that's why they bury it. Again, it
seems you are underestimating the intelligence of cats.

The opposite, sometimes I overestimate the intelligence of their owners.

Old February 25th 05, 02:05 AM
Joe Canuck

Meghan Noecker wrote:

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:12:43 -0500, Joe Canuck
wrote:

Suppose they both have to go at the same time. Perhaps a rare event, but
still a possibility.

Not a big deal. I wait to use the bathroom all the time.

Do your cats?

And if they do, how do you know they are waiting?

Do they do a little dance on the floor?
Do their eyes go cross-eyed?

Old February 25th 05, 02:30 PM
Angela St.Aubin

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
Angela St.Aubin wrote:

****
or urine in there when they use it again, that's why they bury it.

Again, it
seems you are underestimating the intelligence of cats.

The opposite, sometimes I overestimate the intelligence of their owners.

I suppose you think you are being clever/hurtful?
Did you even read what I wrote, or are you just so sure your opinion is the
only one that you dont even take other peoples opinions or experiences
seriously?

Old February 25th 05, 08:48 PM
Joe Canuck

Angela St.Aubin wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Angela St.Aubin wrote:

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

Angela St.Aubin wrote:

[...]

The comment was intended to be a joke and NOT intended to be taken
personally by anyone. I also lump myself into the group of owners whose
intelligence I sometimes overestimate.

Did you even read what I wrote, or are you just so sure your opinion is the
only one that you dont even take other peoples opinions or experiences
seriously?

I just don't want to get into a silly argument over differing opinions.
There are as many different opinions as there are people... particulary
when it comes to pet food and what is best.

Hence the breaking out of the occasional "food fight".