Louis **** remediation, Day 1:

Old May 19th 05, 04:14 AM
Noon Cat Nick

Mary wrote:

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

A Poe fan!

Cool, yeah, Ed is from my hometown (a very diverse place to grow up)

I know he was in Richmond, but her was also in Baltimore for a while.
I cannot recall where he was born. Was it Baltimore?

From http://www.online-literature.com/poe/:

"Edgar Allan Poe was born on January 19, 1809 in Boston, Massachusetts,
to parents who were itinerant actors. His father David Poe Jr. died
probably in 1810 and his mother Elizabeth Hopkins Poe in 1811. Edgar was
taken into the home of a Richmond merchant John Allan and brought up
partly in England (1815-20), where he attended Manor School at Stoke
Newington. Never legally adopted, Poe took Allan's name for his middle name."
Old May 19th 05, 04:22 AM
bigbadbarry

Noon Cat Nick wrote:

Newington. Never legally adopted, Poe took Allan's name for his

middle name."

The Black Cat
1843

Pluto --this was the cat's name --was my favorite pet and playmate. I
alone fed him, and he attended me wherever I went about the house. It
was even with difficulty that I could prevent him from following me
through the streets.

Old May 19th 05, 06:14 AM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

both Richmond and Baltimore--that old, haunting quality both
cities have!

You Go! puts chills on me

So you grew up in Richmond?

Old May 19th 05, 06:23 AM
Mary

From http://www.online-literature.com/poe/:

"Edgar Allan Poe was born on January 19, 1809 in Boston, Massachusetts,
to parents who were itinerant actors. His father David Poe Jr. died
probably in 1810 and his mother Elizabeth Hopkins Poe in 1811. Edgar was
taken into the home of a Richmond merchant John Allan and brought up
partly in England (1815-20), where he attended Manor School at Stoke
Newington. Never legally adopted, Poe took Allan's name for his middle

name."

Thank you, Nick! But he did live in Baltimore, perhaps as a grown man.

Old May 19th 05, 06:44 AM
bigbadbarry

So you grew up in Richmond?

Oh shure, I grew up on the backside of Church Hill..Jackson Ward (kind
of the underbelly of Richomnd)We moved away when I was 11, I moved back
when I was 21.

Old May 19th 05, 06:48 AM
bigbadbarry

Thank you, Nick! But he did live in Baltimore, perhaps as a grown

man.

Yeah, this is where he got his feet wet in writing for a magazine.

Old May 19th 05, 04:38 PM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

So you grew up in Richmond?

Oh shure, I grew up on the backside of Church Hill..Jackson Ward (kind
of the underbelly of Richomnd)We moved away when I was 11, I moved back
when I was 21.

Well I love Richmond. I go there quite often, as I have relatives there. It
is a special
place.

Old May 19th 05, 04:39 PM
Mary

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank you, Nick! But he did live in Baltimore, perhaps as a grown

man.

Yeah, this is where he got his feet wet in writing for a magazine.

And his grave was originally there, because there is a story about H. L.
Mencken and others making pilgrimages to pee on his grave after late night
drinking parties.

Old May 19th 05, 06:37 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-05-19, Mary penned:

Well I love Richmond. I go there quite often, as I have relatives
there. It is a special place.

You must know a different side of Richmond than I do. I spent some
time there because I had a lot of student friends living in the Fan
.... ugh, what a miserable place.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 19th 05, 07:00 PM
bigbadbarry

On 2005-05-19, Mary penned:

Well I love Richmond. I go there quite often, as I have relatives
there. It is a special place.

You must know a different side of Richmond than I do. I spent some
time there because I had a lot of student friends living in the Fan
... ugh, what a miserable place.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Every city has a dirty element, but Richmond is big on art of all
kinds, this draws some pretty interesting people. Richmond also has one
of the best medical colleges in the country, this draws lots of money,
Richmond is saturated with old money.