Changed Buffy's Food

Old May 29th 21, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Changed Buffy's Food

Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a bladder
stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it and it
resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to the tumor
in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and dished up some
Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset her stomach but it
didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so relieved she's eating.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she turns
her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to be as
comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be comfortable when
she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

Jill
Old May 30th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk[_4_]

jmcquown wrote:

Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a
bladder stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it
and it resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to
the tumor in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and
dished up some Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset
her stomach but it didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so
relieved she's eating.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she
turns her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to
be as comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be
comfortable when she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

Jill

Yes, sometimes you have to. You could try the Rx but in soft if you've
been using kibble type?

This is why Daisy-chan was so often on Fancy Feast. As long as I
checked th cans and had only the grain free ones, she was happy and
would eat. Daisy-chan passed at age estimated 25. An amazing life
from full on feral, to domesticated (mostly).
Old May 30th 21, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/29/2021 3:26 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a bladder
stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it and it
resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to the tumor
in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and dished up some
Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset her stomach but it
didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so relieved she's eating.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she turns
her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to be as
comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be comfortable when
she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

Jill

It's good news that she's eating. Maybe, although she liked the
prescription food she's associating it with being ill. Whatever the reason
she does need to eat and it must make her feel more comfortable.

Hopefully she'll eat the Rx food in the Sheba. Purrs that she does.

Hugs

Judith

She ate the Rx food mixed with Sheba and is now back to eating the Rx
food exclusively. Perhaps she did associate it with being ill. At
least I know her stomach will tolerate the Sheba if need be to encourage
her to eat.

Jill
Old May 30th 21, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/30/2021 11:50 AM, cshenk wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a
bladder stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it
and it resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to
the tumor in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and
dished up some Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset
her stomach but it didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so
relieved she's eating.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she
turns her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to
be as comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be
comfortable when she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

Jill

Yes, sometimes you have to. You could try the Rx but in soft if you've
been using kibble type?

She has been eating almost exclusively canned Rx food since she had the
tooth extractions although she did eat a bit of the try kibble too once
her mouth healed up. Now I put some kibble in a bowl but she's ignoring
it due to the tumor in he jaw.

Jill