Koala update

Old October 16th 14, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Koala update

There is more progress with Koala, but there is also a sad aspect.
Pickles hardly ever comes up in my lap any more. She did come up today,
and after she'd been there for only a couple of minutes, Koala jumped
onto my legs. Pickles immediately jumped down.

To my amazement, Koala settled down on my legs and stayed there until I
finally had to get up, because I had things to do. That's the closest
he's come so far to coming on my lap.

Also, he's gotten to be a real pest when Pickles runs into the living
room so I can pet her and give her tummy rubs. Today he was rubbing up
against her side while I was petting her, so I started petting one of
them with each hand. He actually stayed there and let me pet him for a
few minutes. When Pickles finally flopped down for tummy rubs, he moved
a couple of feet away and watched, rather than interfering.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old October 16th 14, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:09:16 -0700, Joy wrote:

[...]

They do carve out their territory. I always worry that a new cat will
displace a current cat's spot, but they work it out and I don't think
there are bad feelings. That's just how things work in their world. It
was interesting watching the readjustment after Espy died. He was
clearly top cat, and Marlo became much more extroverted once he was
gone. The two males, Nipsy and Scooter, aren't interested in being top
cat, so there really is none. It's Nipsy by default since he's much
bigger than the others. Hmm. actually I think Marlo weighs more, but
she's fat, Nipsy is just big.
Old October 16th 14, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 10/16/2014 5:57 AM, dgk wrote:
[...]

You make a good point. When Waffles was alive, each of them was top cat
in one area. Waffles was the boss of me. He decided when Pickles could
or couldn't sit on my lap, and when I was giving her too much attention.
Every so often Pickles would decide she wanted the food Waffles was
eating, and she'd nudge him away. He'd always let her have it. I guess
now she thinks Koala is the one who decides whether or not she can sit
on my lap.

Joy

Old October 16th 14, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:37:29 PM UTC-5, Joy wrote:
On 10/16/2014 5:57 AM, dgk wrote:

[...]

don't forget you're in the equation too, Joy. Is there any possibility that you're communicating to Pickles that you'd rather have Koala on your lap? Toci

Old October 16th 14, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 10/16/2014 5:57 AM, dgk wrote:

[...]

I hope not. I make a point of inviting her up if she looks as if she
may be interested, and I give her all the attention I can. I think
she's just used to a male telling her when she has to get down.

Joy

Old October 16th 14, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
toci

[...]

Yes, we're all used to males telling us what to do. Toci
Old October 16th 14, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 10/16/2014 5:57 AM, dgk wrote:

[...]

True. And Pickles seems to be one of those poor creatures who thinks
she has to obey.

Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 7 September 15th 14 12:42 AM
Koala update Joy Cat anecdotes 27 August 8th 14 12:32 AM
Koala Joy Cat anecdotes 21 July 29th 14 06:57 AM
Animals, including Sam the koala, emerging from the Victoria fires Flippy[_4_] Cat anecdotes 7 February 12th 09 08:44 PM