I'm so frustrated

Old May 27th 05, 10:05 PM
KellyH

Default I'm so frustrated

It looks like Bartleby has a UTI. He peed on the bathroom floor and the
urine was blood tinged. Bartleby is so difficult to med, this is going to
be fun. My DH has been on litterbox cleaning duty since I can't do it, and
he does NOT clean the litterboxes every day. I told him this could happen!!
Between this, shelter issues, and the fact that my pregnancy is not exactly
going smoothly, I don't know what to do. I don't want to bore you all with
my pregnancy issues, but to sum up, I'm close to being hospitalized.
Back to Bartleby's UTI: I know the vet will recommend C/D food. I really
don't think food is the issue here. It's either the litterboxes or that it
has rained for like a week straight here. Bartleby gets depressed when it
rains.
Ugh! We've gone years without a UTI, why now?!?!!?

--
-Kelly

Old May 27th 05, 10:59 PM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
It looks like Bartleby has a UTI. He peed on the bathroom floor and the
urine was blood tinged. Bartleby is so difficult to med, this is going to
be fun. My DH has been on litterbox cleaning duty since I can't do it,

and
he does NOT clean the litterboxes every day. I told him this could

happen!!

Kelly, you have my sympathy. I went through this with my husband. He
fought cleaning the box near his office every day tooth and nail--I thought
it was so blinking adolescent. It is harder to clean the box when it gets
dirty, and I cannot understand what the hell he was thinking.

Between this, shelter issues, and the fact that my pregnancy is not

exactly
going smoothly, I don't know what to do. I don't want to bore you all

with
my pregnancy issues, but to sum up, I'm close to being hospitalized.
Back to Bartleby's UTI: I know the vet will recommend C/D food. I really
don't think food is the issue here. It's either the litterboxes or that

it
has rained for like a week straight here. Bartleby gets depressed when it
rains.
Ugh! We've gone years without a UTI, why now?!?!!?

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, and Bartleby too. I cannot imagine
dealing with problems when "as pregnant" as you are.

Old May 28th 05, 12:06 AM
Catnipped

"KellyH" wrote in message
[...]

Ah Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all this - just carrying
twins should be all one woman should have to handle at one time! [How far
along are you now?]

Hopefully Bartleby will be just fine with some meds and or special diet.

And I'm sending a cyber kick-in-the-butt to get your hubby up off his
keister and start helping your out more (he should be waiting on you hand
and foot!!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 05, 12:27 AM
Annie Wxill

"KellyH" wrote in message
.... -Kelly

Sorry to hear about Bartleby's UTI and your problems as well. I hope it all
sorts out soon and you can stay out of the hospital.
Annie

Old May 28th 05, 12:33 AM
KellyH

"Mary" wrote
Kelly, you have my sympathy. I went through this with my husband. He
fought cleaning the box near his office every day tooth and nail--I
thought
it was so blinking adolescent. It is harder to clean the box when it gets
dirty, and I cannot understand what the hell he was thinking.

I am by no means a neat freak, but I think he and I just have completely
different views on what constitutes "dirty". I've tried to tell him that
cleaning at least once a day is easier, but he doesn't get it.

I'm sorry you're having a tough time, and Bartleby too. I cannot imagine
dealing with problems when "as pregnant" as you are.

Thank Mary. I think I really need to cut back on the shelter stuff. It
gets stressful.

--
-Kelly

Old May 28th 05, 12:34 AM
KellyH

"Catnipped" wrote
Ah Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all this - just
carrying
twins should be all one woman should have to handle at one time! [How far
along are you now?]

27 weeks, we're getting there!

Hopefully Bartleby will be just fine with some meds and or special diet.

I hope so too. Hopefully, I've caught this before it becomes a blockage.
We're going to the vet first thing in the AM.

And I'm sending a cyber kick-in-the-butt to get your hubby up off his
keister and start helping your out more (he should be waiting on you hand
and foot!!!).

Thanks! He's doing an OK job. At least he cooks for me

--
-Kelly

Old May 28th 05, 12:35 AM
KellyH

"Annie Wxill" wrote
Sorry to hear about Bartleby's UTI and your problems as well. I hope it
all sorts out soon and you can stay out of the hospital.
Annie

Thanks Annie. I really hope so too. I'm dreading the hospital like it's
jail.

--
-Kelly

Old May 28th 05, 01:20 AM
animzmirot

"KellyH" wrote in message
[...]

Ask your vet if you can get the liquid amoxycillian, which is MUCH easier to
use than pilling. Tell your DH that if he doensn't like cleaning the
litterbox, he's REALLY gonna hate doing twins in diapers, so he better get
with the program or else. Get the CD catfood and use it, and do anything
else to make this a much less stressful time for you and the cat. Nothing
worse than a kitty with a UTI when you're preggers with twins. BTDT.

-Kelly

Old May 28th 05, 02:01 AM
KellyH

"animzmirot" wrote
Ask your vet if you can get the liquid amoxycillian, which is MUCH easier
use than pilling. Tell your DH that if he doensn't like cleaning the
litterbox, he's REALLY gonna hate doing twins in diapers, so he better get
with the program or else. Get the CD catfood and use it, and do anything
else to make this a much less stressful time for you and the cat. Nothing
worse than a kitty with a UTI when you're preggers with twins. BTDT.

Yeah really. I can't even imagine what the diapers are going to be like!
I'm going to have DH take him to the vet tomorrow and do the meds (I'll
help, but I want this to be his thing).

--
-Kelly